Iowa State Uniform Discussions

Goclones1727

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
IIRC the last uniform (maybe last two) update was leaked early. So far, so good…

Nor'easter

Sep 25, 2016
They are hyping this up way too much lol. Or they're trying something new with football players react to tweets.
When's the last time you heard a player cuss, albeit bleeped out, on an official team post? Never?

Reactions: Jer

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I’m curious as to why you chose two colored socks similar to what Iowa does when we have never done that before? (And I hope we never do)
Just an initial mock, the 2-color socks, like the NFL (and Iowa, now that you mentioned it). I will leave them mostly out from now on.

Occasionally, you'll get a player that wants that look, or maybe with colder game days. But yes, Cyclones (and most college teams don't do it).

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
CyUni 2086 WhitePantShortWhtSockWhiteNumGoldTrimPant2Helmet0 5StripeSh(2Yel3Wht).jpg
I'm gonna throw this out there. Please no dislikes. I don't like it either, necessarily, but we all wanted to know what it might look like. It does match the shoulder.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
View attachment 128507
I'm gonna throw this out there. Please no dislikes. I don't like it either, necessarily, but we all wanted to know what it might look like. It does match the shoulder.
Wouldn't be my first choice, but I'll allow it.

Since we're havin' fun with it all, do one with gold pant & white stripes (all else the same).

It's possible you already did that combo previously, can't recall. You've done a bunch!

Side note -- I think your gold is too yellow.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Wouldn't be my first choice, but I'll allow it.

Since we're havin' fun with it all, do one with gold pant & white stripes (all else the same).

It's possible you already did that combo previously, can't recall. You've done a bunch!

Side note -- I think your gold is too yellow.
Which gold? I've done some with our athletic gold, our university gold, and the a bunch of others with various gold shades.

I think with my mocks, most of them, the gold is truer, because these mocks are done in 1D (1 dimension) as is the cardinal (although I've made my cardinal very slightly darker than our athletic pantone. Many of the other mock releases have been shaded and too dark. I am trying to use our athletic pantone colors, for the most part.

For example, Joe Summers mock here is too dark.
ISU UNI 2024 @joesummers.png The cardinal and gold should be lighter. Mine are lighter and truer. You can take my mock and darken the brightness, and you would have Joe Summers color. It's the same between looking at a uniform in the daylight vs. evening. The evening is going to look darker.

Back to the mocks, I'll get back to the gold pant soon. I'm doing the white pant first, then will shift to the cardinal. I would love for them to do a gold pant, but if they did, I fear it will be the too bright athletic gold/yellow everybody (most folks anyway) don't particularly like.

Last edited:
Reactions: cyclones500

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Which gold? I've done some with our athletic gold, our university gold, and the a bunch of others with various gold shades.

I think with my mocks, most of them, the gold is truer, because these mocks are done in 1D (1 dimension) as is the cardinal (although I've made my cardinal very slightly darker than our athletic pantone. Many of the other mock releases have been shaded and too dark. I am trying to use aour ahtletic pantone colors, for the most part.

For example, Joe Summers mock here is too dark.
View attachment 128510 The cardinal and gold should be lighter. Mine are lighter and truer. You can take my mock and darken the brightness, and you would have Joe Summers color. It's the same between looking at a uniform in the daylight vs. evening. The evening is going to look darker.

Back to the mocks, I'll get back to the gold pant soon. I'm doing the white pant first, then will shift to the cardinal. I would love for them to do a gold pant, but if they did, I fear it will be the too bright athletic gold/yellow everybody (most folks anyway) don't particularly like.

Thanks for info.

Possibly it's the screen on which I'm viewing it (similar to daylight/dark, as you mentioned). I prefer the "Summers" mock ... I might have to compare yours & that to my phone/tablet and see.

• Agree
Reactions: IASTATE07

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I can see them doing this, two 'matching' cardinal stripes down the pant (or helmet).
CyUni 2086 WhitePantShortWhtSockWhiteNumGoldTrimPant3Helmet0 5StripeSh(2Yel3Wht).jpg
I think I like either of these 3 stripes better, with just a touch of gold...
CyUni 2086 WhitePantShortWhtSockWhiteNumGoldTrimPant5Helmet0 5StripeSh(2Yel3Wht).jpg CyUni 2086 WhitePantShortWhtSockWhiteNumGoldTrimPant4Helmet0 5StripeSh(2Yel3Wht).jpg CyUni 2086 WhitePantShortWhtSockWhiteNumGoldTrimPant1Helmet0YelWristGloves 5StripeSh(2Yel3Wht).jpg

Help Support Us

Become a patron