Iowa State vs Texass (longhorn network)

cyclo120

Apr 11, 2006
Just setup the free sling trial, as ridiculous as it is we have to do this it’s pretty simple. Just remember to cancel!

Reactions: nj344170

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
Try pulling up the Texas Tennessee replay that’s on LHN right now, it’ll tell you you aren’t authorized. I have the same setup, YTTV and ESPN+

:mccaffery:

ESPN+ app is showing Saturday's game separately on both ESPN3 and LHN. Here's another pic of my TV screen from this morning.

Give me a million dollars and you can come over and watch it at my house.

If you bring snacks.

happy now.jpg

NiceMarmot

Oct 25, 2017

ESPN+ app is showing Saturday's game separately on both ESPN3 and LHN. Here's another pic of my TV screen from this morning.

If you bring snacks.

View attachment 95257

This thread making it clear that people still don't understand the difference between the ESPN app, paying for ESPN+, and ESPN3. The fact that the two Iowa State/Texas images say "ESPN3" and "Longhorn Network" below them while the OSU/Iowa State women's game says "ESPN+" and the fourth image which I assume is Tuesday's ISU/WVU game also says "ESPN+" should tell you you're about to be in for disappointment.

A lot of people about to be very annoyed tomorrow at 1:00. Be prepared and get that Sling free preview or find an illegal stream.

clonze2011

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 15, 2011
Sacramento

If you bring snacks.

View attachment 95257

Go to the Home Screen of the ESPN app.. scroll down to Channels… then over to LHN. Try to watch the current live video on LHN. We’ll wait…

I don’t expect to hear back from you

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Go to the Home Screen of the ESPN app.. scroll down to Channels… then over to LHN. Try to watch the current live video on LHN. We’ll wait…

I don’t expect to hear back from you
Poor guy just had to double and triple down on his bad take

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Going to be a lot of pissed off ISU fans tomorrow. I did my best to prepare everyone I know. So many people are going to go through what this thread has.

I usually tease boomers about these types of things, but the fact that paying for ESPN+ doesn't include all of their ******** channels is ridiculous.

• Winner
Reactions: mynameisjonas

Jnecker4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Ok, I just messed with my TV. I have ESPN+ and You Tube TV. If I try to pull it up through KHN on ESPN+ it makes me sign in with provider, tells me YTTV is not authorized. So I go to see what is currently on ESPN3 and I was able to pull up the Currently live Minot St Hockey game, so not sure but whether it is YTTV or my Mediacom internet I am able to watch ESPN3.

briclone

Aug 22, 2006
Yep, I can watch ESPN3 through the ESPN app on the tv. When I start a program on ESPN3, it displays "Xtream by Mediacom" logo up in the corner as it loads. When I start an ESPN+ program, it just displays ESPN+ as it loads. it must detect streaming over mediacom and therefore allow it.

The question remains, though, will I be able to watch a shared ESPN3/LHN broadcast? I'm thinking probably.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
UNLESS YOU ALREADY HAVE LONGHORN NETWORK THROUGH YOUR CABLE OR SATELLITE PROVIDER, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO WATCH THE GAME THROUGH THE ESPN APP

Clear enough?
I do not currently have any cable or satellite subscription and I'm watching LHN right now with just an ESPN + subscription. Not sure how I'm pulling it off, but LOL suckers. I haven't paid for DTV since last June.

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
I do not currently have any cable or satellite subscription and I'm watching LHN right now with just an ESPN + subscription. Not sure how I'm pulling it off, but LOL suckers. I haven't paid for DTV since last June.

Ha, that definitely is not supposed to work like that. ESPN+ has never, ever supported LHN.

Good for you though. I got access to a lot through the ESPN app by logging into the cable/sat provider once with a friends stuff and it never went away.

I guess a better way to phrase it for people is if the LHN stuff doesn't work now for you, it won't going forward for the game tomorrow.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Ha, that definitely is not supposed to work like that. ESPN+ has never, ever supported LHN.

Good for you though. I got access to a lot through the ESPN app by logging into the cable/sat provider once with a friends stuff and it never went away.

I guess a better way to phrase it for people is if the LHN stuff doesn't work now for you, it won't going forward for the game tomorrow.
Party in Indianola tomorrow at 1. Come on over. **** ESPN.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron