Iowa State Wearing Special Helmet Decal For the Police Depts.

cyclonestans

Dec 20, 2013
Iowa
That's awesome they were able to put this together so quickly. Not to take away from this but why do we have the warning sticker on the helmet still? Do you have to leave them on there because it seems like no other school has them. I may be wrong

ILiftWithRoyce

Feb 6, 2012
Ankeny
Off topic, why is the first helmet sticker the tornado and the rest are the crappy Cy? It'd be cool if all the helmet stickers were the tornado

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
Off topic, why is the first helmet sticker the tornado and the rest are the crappy Cy? It'd be cool if all the helmet stickers were the tornado
my guess is tornadoes represent wins. A few Helmet sticker schools offer different type of helmet stickers for different achievements.

For example: Florida State offers tomahawks for first downs, touchdowns, sacks etc. But they offer tomahawks with feathers for academic achievements like A on Exams, perfect attendance, etc. You dont' see those a lot though ;)

iowaboy

Apr 4, 2008
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
my guess is tornadoes represent wins. A few Helmet sticker schools offer different type of helmet stickers for different achievements.

For example: Florida State offers tomahawks for first downs, touchdowns, sacks etc. But they offer tomahawks with feathers for academic achievements like A on Exams, perfect attendance, etc. You dont' see those a lot though ;)

iowaboy

Apr 4, 2008
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
I am not a helmet sticker guy. We talk all about the "TEAM" concept, how we all are one Big family,etc. Yet we award certain players additional stickers or recognition for doing what they are trained to do? After so many stickers, the helmets take on a look all of their own and does not hold up it's end of the bargain to look like a UNIFORM!. We as fans know who's pulling their weight. I don't need a Coach to tell me what I can see, feel, and hear. Stickers to me could drive a wedge between players by singling out certain ones for what? A great hit? A great play? What IF that same player busts a play? Do we then give him a Black X to stick on his helmet? Stickers are stupid for achievements. They are great for recognizing other entities. Cops, Farmers, etc.

cyadict

Aug 4, 2006
Ankeny
Did anybody else see the blue line shirts with the I-State logo a few people were wearing around the stadium? Anybody know where to get one of those?

IbSvU

Feb 6, 2012
I am not a helmet sticker guy. We talk all about the "TEAM" concept, how we all are one Big family,etc. Yet we award certain players additional stickers or recognition for doing what they are trained to do? After so many stickers, the helmets take on a look all of their own and does not hold up it's end of the bargain to look like a UNIFORM!. We as fans know who's pulling their weight. I don't need a Coach to tell me what I can see, feel, and hear. Stickers to me could drive a wedge between players by singling out certain ones for what? A great hit? A great play? What IF that same player busts a play? Do we then give him a Black X to stick on his helmet? Stickers are stupid for achievements. They are great for recognizing other entities. Cops, Farmers, etc.

I'm sorry that you are not special, but you shouldn't take out your frustrations on those that are.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
That's awesome they were able to put this together so quickly. Not to take away from this but why do we have the warning sticker on the helmet still? Do you have to leave them on there because it seems like no other school has them. I may be wrong

I would guess that there are warning stickers on every helmet being used at every level of football, visible or not. My guess is that it is a legal purposes. A lot of potential liability.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Kudos need to go to all the Police (and military, firefighters) for what they do, and the risk they take. We owe them a lot.

Being out of State I had to look up what happened. So tragic another one of these incidents happened.

• Optimistic
Reactions: RedBlooded

SCarolinaCy

Jun 20, 2011
Greenville, SC
He was my high school class mate. Class of 2011
My RC classmate, Clive Clark from RC was the HS BB coach then? Did you/Justin's family live in LC or RC? Hard for an ole fart to warm up to the school consolidation, (blasphemy) and erasing the "wildcat" and Notre Dame fight song from the annals. I grew up on a farm SE of RC.