Iowa State wrestling attempts to connect to the fight against Iowa

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Doesn't matter. We're going to get destroyed anyway, just like in football, women's basketball, and men's basketball. But Pollard has our cross country teams headed in the right direction.... wooohoo! Maybe we'll get 50,000 people at our cross country meets to support our athletic department?

PD2

Feb 14, 2016
Baltimore, MD
Doesn't matter. We're going to get destroyed anyway, just like in football, women's basketball, and men's basketball. But Pollard has our cross country teams headed in the right direction.... wooohoo! Maybe we'll get 50,000 people at our cross country meets to support our athletic department?

If you think you can, you can. If you think you can't, you can't. Either way, you're right.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu

Luckily, unlike you, our wrestling team probably has better days ahead. So at least they have that going for them.

Last edited:

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I love this quote:

“[I want to be booed] pretty badly, actually,” DiBlasi said. “I’ve never had it happen before. I want to hear the whole stadium boo me.

“That’d be one thing to celebrate because I don’t celebrate whether I win or lose, so that’d be something to celebrate about when everyone in the whole arena doesn’t like you. That’s called winning right there.”

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Luckily, unlike you, our wrestling team probably has better days ahead. So at least they have that going for them.

And we've been saying that for how long now? Since Cael left at least. Same with football. We're the Cubs of old at ISU.... "there's always next year". It took the Cubs about 100 years.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
And we've been saying that for how long now? Since Cael left at least. Same with football. We're the Cubs of old at ISU.... "there's always next year". It took the Cubs about 100 years.
I can't fathom how you spend so much time on the website of a school which you constantly ***** and have nothing positive to say about. I can't even imagine how terrible it has to be to see everything in a negative light.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque

Lighten up Francis. Maybe you need another hobby. I hear making birdhouses or knitting mittens can be relaxing.

Reactions: Judoka

BeachAve

Apr 22, 2014
I hardly follow ISU wrestling anymore and noticed we're not RATED?

Are you effing kidding me? ISU's storied program, and the low number of D1 programs these days-- there are no excuses why we're in this position. Completely unacceptable

Pollard must really not care

Last edited:

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
c4jt321.png

Reactions: HGoat and crablegs

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
I hardly follow ISU wrestling anymore and noticed we're not RATED?

Are you effing kidding me? ISU's storied program, and the low number of D1 programs these days-- there are no excuses why we're in this position. Completely unacceptable

Pollard must really not care

I've been saying it for years. Don't expect anyone else to agree with you though.

BeachAve

Apr 22, 2014
When I was young I could rattle off every starter and their weight class.

Really sad where we're at.

In fact, it's hurt fan interest in U of Iowa wrestling without a formable instate rival to compete against

cyclonenation5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 12, 2013
Ames
Thats not true. Plenty of us have voiced our displeasure with the state of the wrestling program. You can still support the guys who are out there and want change. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Why is this so hard for some people to understand?

• Agree
Reactions: Judoka and buf87

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
KJ is going to have success here. I can't wait for the day that all these "wrestling fans" have to eat their crow (and then continue to not support the wrestling program).

How many years are we going to have to wait? We are not going to finish in the top 10 this year...again...and our 2nd and 3rd best wrestlers are seniors.

• Agree
  • Dislike
Reactions: LSGOST8 and JCloned

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
When I was young I could rattle off every starter and their weight class.

Really sad where we're at.

In fact, it's hurt fan interest in U of Iowa wrestling without a formable instate rival to compete against

Why should we care about the fan interest for the Hawks?

Reactions: Judoka

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa

So why not turn your fandom in and let those who want to be positive stay positive.

WildMan

Oct 26, 2016
Not having an individual NCAA champ since Ramos in 2014 and being on the outside looking in at team titles since 2010 is what has cost Iowa fans. ISU has nothing to do with it.
I feel like Iowa wrestling is doing just fine. It would be nice to have a competitive ISU to wrestle again. Been way 2 long