Iowa vs. NDSU

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I re-read the article. He got hit by a car, was in the hospital, and got stitches on his leg. Ferentz probably just gave him an ibuprofen on the sidelines and sent him in.

Right. So you're pretty much full of **** saying KF played Ott within a week of having surgery.

Keep reaching.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Right. So you're pretty much full of **** saying KF played Ott within a week of having surgery.

Keep reaching.
So no arguing playing Scherff was a bad call by Ferentz, a week after surgery? Let's just focus on the other part of the story instead. Do you wonder why Ferentz was so pissy when news leaked out about Scherff's surgery? He was trying to keep it a secret and still play him. In the end it didn't matter because everyone found out anyway.

I do stand corrected that Ott did not have surgery, but did go to the hospital and got stitches. Per his own recollection of the accident, he said he thought his shins were shattered and several eyewitnesses reported that he seem to have suffered concussion-like symptoms. However, I'm sure we'll never know the true extent of his injuries, as I'm sure Ferentz tried to keep them hush-hush (just like he tried to do with Scherff) in order to play him on Super Bowl Saturday.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
So no arguing playing Scherff was a bad call by Ferentz, a week after surgery? Let's just focus on the other part of the story instead. Do you wonder why Ferentz was so pissy when news leaked out about Scherff's surgery? He was trying to keep it a secret and still play him. In the end it didn't matter because everyone found out anyway.

I do stand corrected that Ott did not have surgery, but did go to the hospital and got stitches. Per his own recollection of the accident, he said he thought his shins were shattered and several eyewitnesses reported that he seem to have suffered concussion-like symptoms. However, I'm sure we'll never know the true extent of his injuries, as I'm sure Ferentz tried to keep them hush-hush (just like he tried to do with Scherff) in order to play him on Super Bowl Saturday.

You're acting like such a tiny little tool here. Seriously. It was no secret about Scherff. Everyone knew he had surgery earlier that week. Show me proof that KF was trying to keep it a secret. There was no secret to it.

Ooh, Ott got some stitches. Wow. Would love to see the link that has him saying his shins were shattered. And eyewitnesses said he looked like concussion-like symptoms? Where, at the site of the accident? Amazing.

If KF is so bad at acting in the best interests of his players why do so many of them go to the NFL and why will Iowa likely end up with a top-15 class this year?

Seriously, this is probably your dumbest moment on here.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
You're acting like such a tiny little tool here. Seriously. It was no secret about Scherff. Everyone knew he had surgery earlier that week. Show me proof that KF was trying to keep it a secret. There was no secret to it.

Ooh, Ott got some stitches. Wow. Would love to see the link that has him saying his shins were shattered. And eyewitnesses said he looked like concussion-like symptoms? Where, at the site of the accident? Amazing.

If KF is so bad at acting in the best interests of his players why do so many of them go to the NFL and why will Iowa likely end up with a top-15 class this year?

http://www.hawkcentral.com/story/sp...ed-accident-thought-shins-shattered/15735637/

"It was a little scary," he said. "I thought my shins were shattered. But they were just swollen. So it worked out pretty good."

http://wcfcourier.com/sports/colleg...cle_7c203142-6e60-57a6-a3d1-971837e1f627.html

" Brandon Scherff and Drew Ott may be on the mend, but the wounds created by news leaking out about Scherff’s surgery earlier in the day were still raw to Iowa football coach Kirk Ferentz on Tuesday afternoon.

Ferentz was unusually testy during his weekly news conference, unwilling to confirm a Cedar Rapids television report that the preseason All-American offensive tackle underwent surgery to repair a meniscus injury in his right knee.

“I think maybe you should check with KCRG – they’re the ones I read this morning that released something on that – so they can probably fill you in on any details you might need,’’ Ferentz said."

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
http://www.hawkcentral.com/story/sp...ed-accident-thought-shins-shattered/15735637/

"It was a little scary," he said. "I thought my shins were shattered. But they were just swollen. So it worked out pretty good."

http://wcfcourier.com/sports/colleg...cle_7c203142-6e60-57a6-a3d1-971837e1f627.html

" Brandon Scherff and Drew Ott may be on the mend, but the wounds created by news leaking out about Scherff’s surgery earlier in the day were still raw to Iowa football coach Kirk Ferentz on Tuesday afternoon.

Ferentz was unusually testy during his weekly news conference, unwilling to confirm a Cedar Rapids television report that the preseason All-American offensive tackle underwent surgery to repair a meniscus injury in his right knee.

“I think maybe you should check with KCRG – they’re the ones I read this morning that released something on that – so they can probably fill you in on any details you might need,’’ Ferentz said."

So Scherff said his shins were just swollen and it worked out pretty good. And KF said he got "a couple of stitches". Yeah, solid argument.

There were multiple reports about Scherff's surgery.

Still confused on what your point is here. That KF is a heartless satan who forces his players onto the field when they'd rather sit? Show me that article. I'm sure it's next to the ones that report on how KF hates needy children and kicks puppies.

Can't be certain but I hope you can see just how dumb you look here.

Reactions: breck53

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

Getting in a fact debate with GTO is like getting into a **** meauring contest with John Holmes, most know better but occasionally somebody forgets and does it.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Getting in a fact debate with GTO is like getting into a **** meauring contest with John Holmes, most know better but occasionally somebody forgets and does it.

Haha, right. He's already backtracked on saying Ott had surgery the week before the ISU game. But other than that, yeah, spot on.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
So Scherff said his shins were just swollen and it worked out pretty good. And KF said he got "a couple of stitches". Yeah, solid argument.

Still confused on what your point is here. That KF is a heartless satan who forces his players onto the field when they'd rather sit? Show me that article. I'm sure it's next to the ones that report on how KF hates needy children and kicks puppies.

You do realize that you are the hawk fan on a cyclone message losing on facts to a cyclone fan?

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
And he gave that, you refuse to even give him one after he posts newspaper articles.

He said Ott had surgery the week before the ISU game. Wrong.

What exactly were the other facts in those articles? Ott got a few stitches and played. Scherff had surgery earlier in the week and played against ISU, nobody debated that. So what was his fact regarding that? Everyone knew he had knee surgery earlier in the week.

Really, what facts has he posted?

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX

Will this link work?

http://www.usnews.com/news/sports/a...awsuit-with-ex-player-injured-in-2011-workout

Scherff and Ott were clearly not the first time Ferentz overworks injured players, but I guess that is not the pre-approved Hawkeye propaganda.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
So you think Ferentz was right in playing Scherff for the whole game against ISU, a week after surgery? Okay, then. What if Scherff was your kid?

Pretty confident that Scherff was the one who made the call on him playing or not. The guy ended up winning the Outland and going #5 overall in the draft, so it seemed to work out ok. And your DE has a great story to tell about getting into the backfield a few times against a future NFL all pro.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Rhabdo... hahahaha. Nice. Not a reach at all. Has everything to do with Scherff and Ott. Well done.

Still waiting for the AP photo of KF kicking a puppy and pissing on a homeless person. I'm sure you'll find it.
Unfortunately, I have to finish some work for tomorrow. Otherwise, I would find those pictures (or at the very least, photoshop them for you). It's the least I could do.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Pretty confident that Scherff was the one who made the call on him playing or not. The guy ended up winning the Outland and going #5 overall in the draft, so it seemed to work out ok. And your DE has a great story to tell about getting into the backfield a few times against a future NFL all pro.
Parents are trusting the coach to take care of their kids well being, first and foremost. Just like in boxing, a fighter sometimes doesn't know when to quit and it's up to the corner to make that decision for them. So, just because Scherff was lucky to not re-injure himself in that game and won an award at the end of the season, it was the right choice? Who sounds stupid now?

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Parents are trusting the coach to take care of their kids well being, first and foremost. Just like in boxing, a fighter sometimes doesn't know when to quit and it's up to the corner to make that decision for them. So, just because Scherff was lucky to not re-injure himself in that game and won an award at the end of the season, it was the right choice? Who sounds stupid now?

You do.

Horrible boxing analogy. It rarely gets to the corner to make the call to end the fight. They're the ones blowing smoke telling the guy he's still got a chance when he doesn't. Do you even watch boxing?

• Agree
Reactions: CloneAlum08

Help Support Us

Become a patron