Iowa will be the best team ISU has faced since the Notre Dame, in the CWB.

SCarolinaCy

Jun 20, 2011
Greenville, SC
Just finished watching ISU's and Iowa replay.

Iowa is fast and athletic on both sides of the ball. Iowa's 50 yd first score was a TD to the sideline almost at the same time the ball was handed off to the RB.

Hall/OC coaches are going to have to figure our how to get open in space. Hall needs 150 yards+ for ISU to have any chance. Unless the pressure is off Purdy, 'twill be a long day.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
This is why our fans our stupid. Too many Iowa State fans dismiss the quality of any team that we beat. Just because we beat Oklahoma and Texas and Oregon last year doesn't mean that they weren't good teams.

Iowa could be very good, but for ****'s sake.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
Their defense looked legit but besides Goodson they don't have many playmakers on offense. I feel this will be a 17-14 type of game. We can't afford any stupid mistakes or turnovers.
I agree with this. My exact score prediction - 17-14 clones.

D

Deleted member 51515

This is why our fans our stupid. Too many Iowa State fans dismiss the quality of any team that we beat. Just because we beat Oklahoma and Texas and Oregon last year doesn't mean that they weren't good teams.

Iowa could be very good, but for ****'s sake.

You are correct. Just because ISU beat those teams does not they were not good. It is also true that beating them does not mean they were good. It would have been nice to see ISU and Oregon play following a normal season.

Iowa is not even close to being as good as Oklahoma's CCG team from last year.

This game is going to come down to penalties called/missed and turnovers. It will either be close or an ISU blowout over Iowa.

Last edited by a moderator:

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Just finished watching ISU's and Iowa replay.

Iowa is fast and athletic on both sides of the ball. Iowa's 50 yd first score was a TD to the sideline almost at the same time the ball was handed off to the RB.

Hall/OC coaches are going to have to figure our how to get open in space. Hall needs 150 yards+ for ISU to have any chance. Unless the pressure is off Purdy, 'twill be a long day.
200.gif

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I'm not convinced that ISU is ranked accurately but I'm definitely not convinced that Indiana should even be ranked.

From what I saw Iowa looked pretty crisp the other day and will be this week.

If ISU can avoid flailing around they'll have a chance.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
This thread is the definition of a dump and dash. Iowa is good. I think better than Oregon last year. But Oklahoma last year is much better than Iowa. Keep on mind Indiana’s best win last year was vs 4-3 Wisconsin.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
This thread is the definition of a dump and dash. Iowa is good. I think better than Oregon last year. But Oklahoma last year is much better than Iowa. Keep on mind Indiana’s best win last year was vs 4-3 Wisconsin.

And WI salvaged a winning record but was probably the worst WI team in quite some time for a whole bunch of reasons.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
If the OPs only saving Grace is if he started this thread from a crapper behind a Casey’s counter.

Last edited:
Reactions: Peter

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Maybe Petras will change my mind but nothing I've seen from him yet tells me he's nothing more than a very very average QB who isn't overly mobile.

Iowa's biggest weapon is LaPorta the TE. He's good and they are gonna throw to him alot.

Iowa back 7 is legit..I'm just not sure what to make of Indianna. Penix the QB was incredibly bad.

Peter

Feb 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
So who are Iowa's good players anyway? They always seem to have a really good DLineman and good LBs. On offense, Petras seems pretty bad statistically but I refuse to watch them play so maybe stats are deceiving.

Reactions: dafarmer

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I’ll assume this game is always a loss until Campbell wins one, but just….no.

Both Oklahoma teams from last year (the CG team was better than the regular season team) were better, Oregon was better, Texas was better and honestly OSU was probably even better.