Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
A lot of those have large slaughter/ meat processing facilities. And no, I'm not racist.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
No Burlington?!?!?!? Probably next year guys keep working.

The Dirty B is coming around! Went there a few weeks ago and the downtown doesn't look like The Day After any more.

The crime rate is still worse than Compton and the risk of getting shot is higher than I like, but the ol' town has an upside.

Side note - took Mrs Knappshack there for the 1st time. A strange guy kept accusing her of stealing his car....so not sure she agrees that ODB is ok

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Omaha Cy

RealisticCy

Nov 2, 2014
Ames, IA
Pretty funny video - based on crime, income levels, employment rate, public education funding, etc.

https://www.homesnacks.net/10-worst-cities-live-iowa-128215/#038;t=These#038;t=These

10.Clinton
9. Maquoketa
8. Waterloo
7. Fort Dodge
6. Fort Madison
5. Centerville
4. Storm Lake
3. Ottumwa
2. Keokuk
1. Council Bluffs

No Boone, Perry, Webster City

Since Sioux City didn't make the cut, I'm assuming "decade long continuous massive road construction" was not part of the etc....even without that, how did Sioux City stay off the list?

• Funny
Reactions: Macloney and JP4CY

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
The Dirty B is coming around! Went there a few weeks ago and the downtown doesn't look like The Day After any more.

The crime rate is still worse than Compton and the risk of getting shot is higher than I like, but the ol' town has an upside.

Side note - took Mrs Knappshack there for the 1st time. I strange guy kept accusing her of stealing his car....so not sure she agrees that ODB is ok

I'll have to call my brother and tell him to stop pestering the tourists.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017

Side note - took Mrs Knappshack there for the 1st time. I strange guy kept accusing her of stealing his car....so not sure she agrees that ODB is ok
I've never been to Burlington. Didn't realize it had the reputation for being bad. I've heard Keokuk and Ft Madison are bad; something about those river towns I guess.

Playboi Carti

May 7, 2017

HGoat

Dec 18, 2014
Denver, Colorado
I've never been to Burlington. Didn't realize it had the reputation for being bad. I've heard Keokuk and Ft Madison are bad; something about those river towns I guess.

Fort Madison also has the State Penitentiary, which I would guess has something to do with its reputation.