Iowa's Defense

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
Should we send Phil Parker a bonus for saving BF's job? Iowa's defense outscored the KU and the TOE's offense. 206 total yards and win by 21,what an exciting game.:rolleyes:

• Funny
Reactions: Omaha Cy

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
How good is the Iowa defense truly? Look at the level of offenses they faced this season.

How good is Iowa's defense? Apparently not good enough to beat Iowa State. :)

During the playoff game last night, the biased ESPN announcers admitted that a big reason for Michigan's amazing statistic regarding their second half dominance this season is the fact that several of their conference opponents have below average offenses.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
How good is Iowa's defense? Apparently not good enough to beat Iowa State. :)

During the playoff game last night, the biased ESPN announcers admitted that a big reason for Michigan's amazing statistic regarding their second half dominance this season is the fact that several of their conference opponents have below average offenses.
I'd like to hear that clip. I didn't notice when I watched the game. I mean, it's true. B1G offenses are really bad, like comically bad.

Reactions: cytor

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Outside of wrestling, B1G athletics is overrated

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I'd like to hear that clip. I didn't notice when I watched the game. I mean, it's true. B1G offenses are really bad, like comically bad.t w

It was said, also when you play against a Freshman qb who couldnt hit water if he fell out of a boat is not impressive.

BigLame

Feb 6, 2008
Western IA
I'd like to hear that clip. I didn't notice when I watched the game. I mean, it's true. B1G offenses are really bad, like comically bad.
Blackledge said it & I was quite shocked. Basically said Michigan played 3 legit offenses all season: Ohio State, Purdue & TCU - so really admitted they played 1 team during the regular season with a pulse on offense. I'm thinking Blackledge's contracts will not be renewed after that.

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
Iowa's punter was beyond ridiculous. Almost half of his punts were inside the 20, which is a solid stat. Considering their offense would have trouble moving the ball even across the street, that's an incredible stat.

I haven't found a stat for punts inside the 10 or 5, but I knew he had A LOT this season. Did a quick twitter search looking at journalist tweets & dates. Tweets left and right in different weeks about it. He had to have averaged at least 1 per game inside the 10 if not almost 1 per game downed inside the 5!

Iowa is always good at producing turnovers and getting occasional defensive TDs. Not on par with this years production, but still what they did wasn't completely shocking I guess. Their defense scored as many TDs as they did passing TDs.

Regardless of quality of offenses faced, Iowa did its usual defense and special teams thing.

Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
Iowa's defense isn't Georgia's but after that i think you could at least argue it vs any other.

• Disagree
Reactions: CyCity

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Iowa's punter was beyond ridiculous. Almost half of his punts were inside the 20, which is a solid stat. Considering their offense would have trouble moving the ball even across the street, that's an incredible stat.

I haven't found a stat for punts inside the 10 or 5, but I knew he had A LOT this season. Did a quick twitter search looking at journalist tweets & dates. Tweets left and right in different weeks about it. He had to have averaged at least 1 per game inside the 10 if not almost 1 per game downed inside the 5!

Iowa is always good at producing turnovers and getting occasional defensive TDs. Not on par with this years production, but still what they did wasn't completely shocking I guess. Their defense scored as many TDs as they did passing TDs.

Regardless of quality of offenses faced, Iowa did its usual defense and special teams thing.
I'm not sure I've ever seen such a difference maker at the punter position. He's like singlehandedly won them a few games flipping field position. I'm sure it's more noticeable because they have absolutely no offensive weapons.