Iowa's football schedule

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Iowa played 7 bowl teams and beat 5. How many did ISU beat and play?
Since I don't know which rankings you like to use, I am referencing TR. So the 7 bowl teams #20 Iowa faced are ranked:
8. Wisconsin - Loss
11. Iowa State - Win
12. Penn State - Win (against backup QB)
22. Purdue - Loss
26. Minnesota - Win
71. Maryland - Win
97. Kent State - Win

Iowa State played 7 FBS bowl teams and 1 ranked FCS team. They went 3-5 in those games with 4 losses being single score losses. Iowa won the close games, Iowa State lost the close games. Reverse the luck and the records are reversed too.

Cover2

Nov 29, 2021
Since I don't know which rankings you like to use, I am referencing TR. So the 7 bowl teams #20 Iowa faced are ranked:
8. Wisconsin - Loss
11. Iowa State - Win
22. Purdue - Loss
26. Minnesota - Win
71. Maryland - Win
97. Kent State - Win

Iowa State played 7 FBS bowl teams and 1 ranked FCS team. They went 3-5 in those games with 4 losses being single score losses. Iowa won the close games, Iowa State lost the close games. Reverse the luck and the records are reversed too.
Lol at adding in "ranked fcs team" you were 2-5 with wins at home?

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Lol at adding in "ranked fcs team" you were 2-5 with wins at home?
So, you think #97 Kent State is that much better than Northern Iowa? What if it had been N. Dakota State? Is Kent State better than them? You are claiming Kent State as one of your bowl team wins.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
It’s literally the weakest schedule of any power five conference team ever.
What are you talking about? That’s a load of crap. It’s the 33rd ranked schedule in the nation. Who played a weaker schedule? Georgia, Oklahoma, Baylor, Oregon…….plenty more.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
8. Wisconsin - Loss
11. Iowa State - Win
22. Purdue - Loss
26. Minnesota - Win
71. Maryland - Win
97. Kent State - Win

Reverse the luck or in other words coach up your special teams?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
What are you talking about? That’s a load of crap. It’s the 33rd ranked schedule in the nation. Who played a weaker schedule? Georgia, Oklahoma, Baylor, Oregon…….plenty more.
First team in P5 history to not play a ranked team all year

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Oklahoma has played multiple teams ranked in the top ten now. Who has Iowa played that is even ranked?

bobprobert24

Nov 28, 2021
So, you think #97 Kent State is that much better than Northern Iowa? What if it had been N. Dakota State? Is Kent State better than them? You are claiming Kent State as one of your bowl team wins.

The Kent State Golden Flashes are the MAC East champs. They’ll face a team they’ve already beaten in the MAC title game. Three of their losses are to Iowa, Texas A&M and Maryland. So, yes, most likely better than a 6-6 UNI team and even NDSU this year.

Nate STANley

Feb 4, 2021
Hahahaahahahahahahaha