Iowa's TE Kittle ran faster 40 than Lazard. Should move to TE

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
I don't know why you think that is funny @YeahBuddy considering Iowa faces 5 Maxwell Award watch list QB's this season and Park is one of them. I never said he's as good as Barrett but to say he doesn't belong in the same group as Clayton Thorson when Park had a much better QB rating than him last year is stupid

Well Thorson didnt have the luxury of playing against Big 12 defenses for most of the season.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Bottom line--they have no corners with the size or speed to cover our WR. We should have a hay day throwing on them.

Iowa's top 3 CB's going in to this season are 6'0", 6'1" and 6'2". They have plenty of size at CB and Rugamba is a really good player.

Reactions: ICHawk24

88clone

Feb 3, 2014
West Des Moines
Iowa's top 3 CB's going in to this season are 6'0", 6'1" and 6'2". They have plenty of size at CB and Rugamba is a really good player.

It's not all about height when you're talking about CB size. Those guys have been routinely overwhelmed by more physical WR. Yes, they're kinda tall, but they haven't shown the strength, toughness, or ability to play against even average WR, let alone one of the top WR in CFB.

• Funny
Reactions: HawkeyeMashup

ICHawk24

Sep 8, 2010
If there is any team that needs to worry about being physically overwhelmed, its the one that got spanked 42-3 last year.

• Informative
Reactions: Brandon

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
It's not all about height when you're talking about CB size. Those guys have been routinely overwhelmed by more physical WR. Yes, they're kinda tall, but they haven't shown the strength, toughness, or ability to play against even average WR, let alone one of the top WR in CFB.

You must not have watched Rugamba against Michigan last season.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Rugamba - 19 tackles 4 PBU's

Ojemudia - 5 tackles 1 PBU

Jackson - 10 takcles 4 PBU's

Yeah I would say your secondary is a big question mark going into this season

I am cautiously optimistic. Phil Parker is a great coach back there and the flashes these young guys above have shown in limited action is encouraging. To say they will be physically over matched is wrong, IMO.

It sounds like Snyder could be back by B1G play so that wil be a nice boost.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I am cautiously optimistic. Phil Parker is a great coach back there and the flashes these young guys above have shown in limited action is encouraging. To say they will be physically over matched is wrong, IMO.

I can understand that but you have to understand our point of view where it looks like a weakness or question mark for your team

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Do you think he still has the speed to play CB?
012117ksu_wv_br50

It looks like he has the hands.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
I can understand that but you have to understand our point of view where it looks like a weakness or question mark for your team

Understandable, and the same could be said about ISU's OL. A lot of ISU fans are high on the group because of the supposed improvement that was shown as the season progressed last year and getting Campos back.

Iowa fans disagree and think the OL for ISU will be a weakness looking in from the outside.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Understandable, and the same could be said about ISU's OL. A lot of ISU fans are high on the group because of the supposed improvement that was shown as the season progressed last year and getting Campos back.

Iowa fans disagree and think the OL for ISU will be a weakness looking in from the outside.

I'm definitely not sold on ISU's OL right now. Having one of the best OL coaches in the country and Campos back is a big positive though.

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014

It's pretty easy to have size and still be physically over matched. When you are inexperienced you over think thus get burned. They can be good dbs, but they are gonna have growing pains early on