IPAs: 34 of the top hottest.

ISU4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 15, 2008
I shouldn’t say this but WeldWerks and Equilibrium amongst others are finally coming to central Iowa.

ISU4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 15, 2008
I should say have been in limited quantities.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
King Sue, Juicy Bits, and Hooey = Nectar of the Gods. Great stuff!!

Exactly

I panic when I drop below 3 Juicy Bits in the fridge.

And I wish people would stop opening damn breweries around here. Getting hard on the waistline.

I am going to add O'dells Myrcenary to the list. Don't drink that unless you have your big boy pants on though.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
Dogfish Hazy O shouldn't be on this list
King Sue=Always great
Maine Beer Lunch=My expectations were too high, just average
M43=Excellent
Pipeworks Ninja=Excellent
Juicy Bits=Excellent. Also the double juicy bits.

Julius=Hear so many great things. Can't wait to try it someday.

In today's world, so many great local NEIPA's that you really don't need to go searching.

Nader_uggghhh

Jul 11, 2017
Homes Same Same Different- very good
Ninja/Unicorn- Solid
Citra Bitter Monk- Not good, need to give another try
Odd 13 Codename Superfan- one of my original favorite pales
M-43- Awesome for full production
Juicy Bits- good not great. Had a few times but I should probably give it another chance.
King Sue- OG. Always good

Breweries I've had a lot of:
Equilibrium- amazing IPAs always
450 North- good, not worth the hype
La Cumbre- really good for filtered IPAs

cyfanbr

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 13, 2013
IL
-King Sue
-M-43
-Juicy Bits (FYI Lotus DDH Juicy Bits was even better than the regular)

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny
Dogfish Hazy O shouldn't be on this list
King Sue=Always great
Maine Beer Lunch=My expectations were too high, just average
M43=Excellent
Pipeworks Ninja=Excellent
Juicy Bits=Excellent. Also the double juicy bits.

Julius=Hear so many great things. Can't wait to try it someday.

In today's world, so many great local NEIPA's that you really don't need to go searching.
Julius is as good as it’s claimed to be and better.

After hours at Alluvial one time I was lucky enough to have that, Maine Brewing Co Lunch, and a Trillium which I think was Congress Street. The Trillium was my favorite, but Tree House was damn good. I think I like the Orange Julius better though, but didn’t have them side by side.

CySki

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2010
Waukee, IA
I was out east in July and brought back a couple coolers of beer, including TH Juilus, among others. My brother and I are planning on taking some up for tailgating for the UNI and/or Iowa games. If you're interested in trying some (we have plenty), send me a DM and we can trade info to connect on game days and enjoy some great beers.

Reactions: dmclone

CySki

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2010
Waukee, IA
Posting again for anyone interested. My brother and I will have several Tree House beers available for sharing tomorrow at the UNI tailgate. If you're interested in stopping by our humble tailgate to have some drinks, send me a DM and we can share info to give you the tailgate location.

Attachments

• THBeer.jpg
    THBeer.jpg
    790.3 KB · Views: 13

EvilBetty

Sep 7, 2012
King Sue from Toppling Goliath is one of the three which I've tried on this list.

I live in Nashville, bearded iris is great. a better nashville brewery that doesn't really distribute is smith and lentz if anyone ever comes to nashville. IPA's are their specialty.

my two favorites are:
Sweatwater IPA (not the 420)
A-OK IPA

cyclonesurveyor

Jan 26, 2009
Fort Collins, CO
I live in Nashville, bearded iris is great. a better nashville brewery that doesn't really distribute is smith and lentz if anyone ever comes to nashville. IPA's are their specialty.

my two favorites are:
Sweatwater IPA (not the 420)
A-OK IPA

Just heard that Sweetwater is coming to Fort Collins, moving into the previous Red Truck / FCB location.

GrindingAway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 27, 2006
These lists are always a little odd. Ones I have had....

Hazy-O - No reason to be on the list. Qualifier I had this in an airport during Covid so sipping over a mask. But remember it being pretty meh and not anything I would have described as Hazy.
3 Way IPA - I have two in my fridge I just got yesterday but haven't opened them. I'll let you know lol
Logical Conclusion - I don't remember this one but rated it 4/5
King Sue - I don't think I need to comment since everyone I would guess is familiar but very good
Hooey - I really liked this one. Not one of the best on the list but solid.
Lunch - Probably the most famous one on the list and gets a lot of discussion. It's solid but I expected a little more for as much as I've heard about it.
M-43 - I love this beer.
Homestyle - I like Bearded Iris beers and have had several. I didn't think Homestyle was one of their better IPAs though. It was good but not great.
Juicy Bits - Probably my favorite on this list
Tubular - Another one I don't really remember but rated 4/5 so must have been pretty good
Codename Superfan - Another really good one

11/34 ain't bad. I've had a ton from Anchorage but not the one listed. One of my favorite breweries. Based on the rating of the one listed here there are much better choices.