Is Dave Rice on the hot seat?

Psyclone Brian

Apr 11, 2006
42°00'50"N 93°
RV... You told Fred that you and your "buddy" were a package deal and if Fred wanted you that bad, he had to accept you both. Well, it looks like CFH made it very clear to you, who runs the team, and who makes the decisions. Have fun in the Pro's next year (if that's what you plan on doing) Better brush up on your Swahili though.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
RV... You told Fred that you and your "buddy" were a package deal and if Fred wanted you that bad, he had to accept you both. Well, it looks like CFH made it very clear to you, who runs the team, and who makes the decisions. Have fun in the Pro's next year (if that's what you plan on doing) Better brush up on your Swahili though.

What are you talking about? Is this "buddy" you speak of Kaffey? Do you actually know anything, or are you just talking out of your ***?

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Turned to ESPN U and UNLV gets a 5 second call in OT down 5 with 30 seconds left and a timeout. Lol.

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
UNLV loses in OT to Boise State. RV and company slide into a tie for 2nd to last in the Mountain West.

Not so funny for RV, he is a young kid and made a wrong decision not to play for a genius like Fred, but it's funny because I can't stand the UNLV program. They'll go down in flames.

Psyclone Brian

Apr 11, 2006
42°00'50"N 93°
What are you talking about? Is this "buddy" you speak of Kaffey? Do you actually know anything, or are you just talking out of your ***?
Talking about RV making the off-camera statement to that KLAS-TV sports anchor that he and (it was either Okonoboh or Morgan) were sticking together, and so UNLV was the call. Kaffey I figured was in jail.

ChiClones

Jun 11, 2013
Chicagoland
Talking about RV making the off-camera statement to that KLAS-TV sports anchor that he and (it was either Okonoboh or Morgan) were sticking together, and so UNLV was the call. Kaffey I figured was in jail.

Wow, that's interesting if true. I wonder if they are still "buddies" as it looks like RV is clearly becoming frustrated.

sticks

Dec 16, 2014
Anybody else notice rice in OT draw up a play then quickly wipe it off the board, just to have an assistant grab the board and draw something else up. I couldn't help but chuckle at it.

Spam

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 21, 2008
UNLV held to 47 points in loss to Boise today. Yikes. That NBA offense is really kicking more and more.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Rashad Vaughn is looking more and more like a selfish "Me First" player on a really bad team. At this point he would be a wasted draft pick with his attitude and effort. UNLV is a really bad team in a poor conference. We got the better end of the deal by getting Bryce DeJean Jones from UNLV. He gives effort and plays HoiBall. It is all about the team.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
By special request...

PER (after the KU game for ISU and BSU game for UNLV)

23.8 BDJ
23.8 Christian Wood
22.4 McKay
20.4 Edozie (awwwwwwwwwwww poor guy)
19.9 Morris
19.4 Niang
19.2 Rashad Vaughn
18.7 Long
18.6 Hogue
14.9 Cody Doolin
14.1 Patrick McCaw
13.7 Dantley Walker
13.3 Goodluck Okonoboh
13.0 Jordan Cornish

12.3 Nader
10.7 Thomas

Wood is actually really good if you watch them. He'd definitely be in the rotation for us. Vaughn would probably have Thomas' spot. But, yeah, their 3-8 guys aren't nearly as good as our "core" six men (including the starters and McKay), so there's their problem.

Poor BDJ. People underrate the value of all those rebounds and blocks and steals. He doesn't always put up a ton of points, but he's an absolute stat monsters across the line.

BDJ's career...
Fresh = 14.4
Soph = 14.5
Junior = 19.3
now = 23.8

15 is meant to be an average player across college basketball.
Yeah, Fred and him have improved greatly.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Rashad Vaughn is looking more and more like a selfish "Me First" player on a really bad team. At this point he would be a wasted draft pick with his attitude and effort. UNLV is a really bad team in a poor conference. We got the better end of the deal by getting Bryce DeJean Jones from UNLV. He gives effort and plays HoiBall. It is all about the team.

Im certainly not complaining about getting bdj, but Id guess that RV might be a bit different player with some of Fred's coaching.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011

Im certainly not complaining about getting bdj, but Id guess that RV might be a bit different player with some of Fred's coaching.

This. People were saying almost exactly the same things about BDJ before he got here.

ChiClones

Jun 11, 2013
Chicagoland
I was going to comment at how Dave Rice blew the game for UNLV against San Diego State by using all his timeouts with more than 5 minutes left in the game, but Bill Self did the same thing last night. UNLV was flat out gassed by the end of that game. This is a team that has yet to score 80 points in a game and is barely inside the top 100 in scoring. Rice is running his starters into the ground.
Put Vaughn's stats next to BDJ's and it's clear we are better off!