Is Iowa the Most Oversensitive Fan Base in America?

Is Iowa the most oversensitive fan base in America?

• Total voters

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
THAT would truly be a clash of irrational, oversensitive titans.

What's funny is that when Nebby was leaving the Big 12, I read a few posts on forums that were bashing ISU, stating they wouldn't miss us for being jack a$$ fans and looked forward to playing Iowa. I wonder if they feel that way now.

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
Holy crap, is it possible to be more delusional and out of touch with reality? Literally none of this is true, other than the sentence about some UI lawyers bankrupting farmers. Seek help.

The sentence about Iowa not having the hardware of Nebraska was also true.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Holy crap, is it possible to be more delusional and out of touch with reality? Literally none of this is true, other than the sentence about some UI lawyers bankrupting farmers. Seek help.

I know Parkersburg residents, and a fire chief from another community, who can attest to the story surrounding the tornado recovery efforts. Iowa State players showed up with no fanfare, dug in and actually helped out with the cleanup. The day Kurt showed up with his players, the media was actually there prior to their arrival, wondering when the players were going to show up. The fire chief I mentioned earlier, who was a big hawk fan, told me it was nothing but a big photo op for Kurt and his crew. He was disgusted they never actually pitched in and did anything to help out. Just wanted to make sure they got their pictures taken. FWIW, he's still a big hawk fan.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
ISU fans calling other fan bases “ overly sensitive” is incredibly ironic. I’ll just leave it at that

• Agree
Reactions: HOU_Blue

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
ISU fans calling other fan bases “ overly sensitive” is incredibly ironic. I’ll just leave it at that
Every single fanbase that has had slight success in the past or in the present is sensitive. This is not an Iowa State or Iowa thing. With that being said, I honestly believe Texas has the most sensitive fans and administration.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

Tell that to your "overly sensitive" AD. He comes out swinging to the media about "inappropriate behavior" with no ball or bat. Is he going through manopause or something?

• Funny
Reactions: CycoCyclone

CycoCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2009
Urbandale
Every single fanbase that has had slight success in the past or in the present is sensitive. This is not an Iowa State or Iowa thing. With that being said, I honestly believe Texas has the most sensitive fans and administration.
Texas won the competition when "horns down" was declared unsportsmanlike

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Texas won the competition when "horns down" was declared unsportsmanlike
It's that among many other things. It's especially relevant in football. Tom Herman is incredibly thin-skinned and demands respect from the national media and conference members when in reality hasn't done anything that should demand respect.

Even two weeks ago.. allowing his defensive backs to wear "DBU" shirts against LSU when it's proven LSU has far an away more defensive backs in the NFL. Herman allowing that to happen just shows how much of an idiot he really is.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Nebraska. Didn't want to profit share in the B12 but used that as an excuse to join the B1G.

Now all they want to do is play noncon old conference mates.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Nebraska. Didn't want to profit share in the B12 but used that as an excuse to join the B1G.

Now all they want to do is play noncon old conference mates.
They're definitely in the conversation.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
They're definitely in the conversation.
They named a basketball arena after their football coach (yes, I know he was an AD later on), and elected their other famous football coach a US Congressman in a district that he hadn't lived in for almost 40 years.

That fan base sure is something.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
They named a basketball arena after their football coach (yes, I know he was an AD later on), and elected their other famous football coach a US Congressman in a district that he hadn't lived in for almost 40 years.

That fan base sure is something.
Every fan base has their characters and some schools have more than others. I think some are throwing Iowa into the conversation because they're are rival.

Reactions: JP4CY