• Blessing

Votes: 18 39.1%
  • Curse

Votes: 28 60.9%

• Total voters

CY22

Sep 14, 2008
IA
At this point, I think we just need to evaluate all of our options. I look at the KL situation like with Steele at QB this year. Eventually I think it got to the point we couldn't risk it with Jantz or Barnett and had to take a chance with SR, which luckily worked out very well and looks like we've found a starter for now in FB. So when do we take the chance on something else to see what can happen on the court? Worst case scenario we go back to KL and hope he improves.

So next question, do we try out Long for a game or two or do we just stick with KL and try and let the kinks work themselves out?

CyCy

Nov 7, 2006
Refresh my memory. Did he quit MSU in the middle of the season or was he booted.

Clone5

Jun 3, 2008
Iowa
Korie shot 3-13, had 7 turnovers, and got outplayed on both ends of the floor by a freshman.

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
There is a reason and it wasn't due to their basketball ability. Korie is playing hard for the team but he is definitely not playing smart.

And he made the decisions that resulted in him getting kicked off. Those are called dumb decisions and they follow him onto the court.

kucyclone

Jan 16, 2008
Seattle
Lucious is a blessing. He will do well in conference play.

There's a good record now showing that he's going to shoot about 30% and average four-plus turnovers a game. Are we sure that he's going to start playing well in the second half of his fifth year of college basketball?

It's pretty clear to me at this point that he's going to be a below-average point guard in our league.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Okoro was not a big time recruit. Long played ok earlier this season and will have to start playing more if Korie keeps playing this badly.

The why was it a big deal when he got him and then Pitt wanted him so bad.

Nixxxxxxxxxxxx

Dec 7, 2012
I said all last year that Lucious is not good and you guys weren't getting the great point guard you thought he was. I still stand by that comment.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
KL was bad at the beginning, then played better. Some of his TO's were passes that should have been caught. THe guy at least competed out there tonight after the awful start. Still playing hard for 25 minutes isn't enough. I think he will be fine, KL was not the reason we lost tonight but he has to play much better.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
You just cannot put a new PG in the system every year and expect it to work smooth from the get go.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
You just cannot put a new PG in the system every year and expect it to work smooth from the get go.

Understandable, but it seems like he tries to get too fancy with his ball handling and takes long shots when he's not a distance shooter. He is making some bad decisions that aren't really related to the system.

Help Support Us

Become a patron