Is Notre Dame going to ask for a Texas type deal?

Spursfan11

Jun 13, 2010
Do you think that NBC will continue to carry them if they don't start getting back to relevancy on the field? I can't imagine that NBC can afford to give exclusive rights to a mediocre program forever.

OK, I am going to ask you if you were paying attention to what I originally wrote?

I get the big ten bias from you two, I do. It's inbred er I mean ingrained in people.

But if you read what I wrote, I said in fact that they are going to wait and see what Brian Kelly does over the next 2-4 years before they would make any decision. IF they are still struggling, then they will call the fox offices in Chicgao, and will become a member of the big whatever it will be at that time.

IF Kelly wins, and he does have a track record of success, then they will get paid even more by NBC. And NBC will gladly do this.

You may hate ND, or love the big 10, but it is pretty much the truth that the big 10 wants ND badly. And once you realize this, the idea they played Nebraska against them to get the commitment, and still couldn't pull it off.

As far as coaching changes. They have made bad choices beginning with Bob Davie. I think Kelly is a hell of a coach, we will see what he does.

Spursfan11

Jun 13, 2010
But yet the NBC execs have said that they wouldn't be heartbroken if they lost them.

Simple fact of the matter is Indiana made roughly $8 million more than ND in TV revenues last year. The Big 10 obviously would love ND in the conference, but they're not going to give them a Texas-style contract to join, because they are doing just fine without having to turn full control over to them.

I didn't say a Texas contract, but they will get concessions to join the big 10, if they ever do. what are the big ooc games played by big 10 schools? The ones that are played every year, ALL involve ND.

I don't even like ND, but I also get the reality of their situation. The big 10 has made it abundantly clear that they want ND. This conference expansion thing isn't going to truly stop until ND is in the big 10.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
ND isn't joining a conference until they have to. When they do find themselves in a position where they have no other choice to join one, it's going to be the Big 10 and they aren't going to get any extra concessions to do it.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
OK, I am going to ask you if you were paying attention to what I originally wrote?

I get the big ten bias from you two, I do. It's inbred er I mean ingrained in people.

But if you read what I wrote, I said in fact that they are going to wait and see what Brian Kelly does over the next 2-4 years before they would make any decision. IF they are still struggling, then they will call the fox offices in Chicgao, and will become a member of the big whatever it will be at that time.

IF Kelly wins, and he does have a track record of success, then they will get paid even more by NBC. And NBC will gladly do this.

You may hate ND, or love the big 10, but it is pretty much the truth that the big 10 wants ND badly. And once you realize this, the idea they played Nebraska against them to get the commitment, and still couldn't pull it off.

As far as coaching changes. They have made bad choices beginning with Bob Davie. I think Kelly is a hell of a coach, we will see what he does.

You understand jdogg is an ISU fan don't you?:confused:

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010

That was what I meant. I know NBC isn't going to drop them if Kelly doesn't go to the BCS in Year One. I just meant what will they do if they continue to struggle. I may have missed that in your earlier posts, but you've spelled it out here lol.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

And by the time 4 years have passed it may be too late for ND - either they'll have to take what is offered to them or there may not be a spot available to them. It may already be too late - what if the Big 10 decides it's not in their best interest to expand beyond 12 teams?

BTW, I've been called a lot of things on this board, but being called inbred because of my bias towards all things Big 10 when I'm simply of the opinion that the Big 10 is certainly a first - hope you enjoy your conversation with the mods about unprovoked and unwarranted attacks over that one...

Spursfan11

Jun 13, 2010
ND isn't joining a conference until they have to. When they do find themselves in a position where they have no other choice to join one, it's going to be the Big 10 and they aren't going to get any extra concessions to do it.

I would stop and wait and see what the college landscape looks like at that time before I made such an arrogant statement.

OSU is already publicly limiting what they will accept as far as division alignments go, and they have never done that before. Plus, they just watched UT get further ahead of them in the arms race.

Spursfan11

Jun 13, 2010
And by the time 4 years have passed it may be too late for ND - either they'll have to take what is offered to them or there may not be a spot available to them. It may already be too late - what if the Big 10 decides it's not in their best interest to expand beyond 12 teams?

BTW, I've been called a lot of things on this board, but being called inbred because of my bias towards all things Big 10 when I'm simply of the opinion that the Big 10 is certainly a first - hope you enjoy your conversation with the mods about unprovoked and unwarranted attacks over that one...

Wow, allright man, I can see that your arguing skills aren't that good. And a joke went completely over your head.

I guess when you are that guy, somebody out argues you, and you have to go tell.

You are quite the man.

It is OK, I will leave,

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
I would stop and wait and see what the college landscape looks like at that time before I made such an arrogant statement.

OSU is already publicly limiting what they will accept as far as division alignments go, and they have never done that before. Plus, they just watched UT get further ahead of them in the arms race.

I've been a little behind on what the Big Ten (specifically OSU) has been saying about divisions. I assume it was something along the lines of keeping Michigan in their division and sending Penn State to the other? If that's the case, it's in the best interests of the conference to do that anyway, so as to avoid what happened with the Big 12 South.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona

Go see my post on the ISR board. I don't think we need to have the same conversation about this on two different boards.

And it's not arrogant to say that the Big 10 isn't going to make any concessions to have ND join them. As I said it won't be ND deciding out of the blue to join a conference, it will be them without any other choice. Why the hell would a conference give concessions to a program that has no other alternatives. That would be like Texas saying, "you know what ISU, I think we'll guarantee you 25 million a year in tv revenue as long as you stay in the Big 12."

Last edited:

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Wow, allright man, I can see that your arguing skills aren't that good. And a joke went completely over your head.

I guess when you are that guy, somebody out argues you, and you have to go tell.

You are quite the man.

It is OK, I will leave,

My arguing skills aren't that good? Who's the one that has to start throwing around the term "inbred" to prove a point?

It's not my fault that you treat any "bad" talk about your precious Notre Dame as if someone were kicking your dog...

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
Perhaps, when we are ready to expand, the Big 12 will offer ND. , give them conference share and let them keep their ND package.
Yes, the Texas deal.

Help Support Us

Become a patron