Is pay-for-play ruining sports?

PSYclone22

Visual Analytics Mercenary
SuperFanatic
Aug 15, 2012
Des Moines

Aaron Rodgers earned over $6,000 per hour in additional pay last season while the Jets punter threw for more yards than he did.

Paying players for what we think they're capable of before they even get on the field is giving young, irresponsible men not even in their 50s access to far too much cash.

What's the point? To get worse results than guys like Sean Clifford and Clayton Tune all while they can waste money on hypnotic cephalopodian therapy or whatever youths do these days. It's all a load of cockamamie bull crap.

Reactions: Cy$

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023

Aaron Rodgers earned over $6,000 per hour in additional pay last season while the Jets punter threw for more yards than he did.

Paying players for what we think they're capable of before they even get on the field is giving young, irresponsible men not even in their 50s access to far too much cash.

What's the point? To get worse results than guys like Sean Clifford and Clayton Tune all while they can waste money on hypnotic cephalopodian therapy or whatever youths do these days. It's all a load of cockamamie bull crap.

I hope you told your employer this before you agreed to work. “Sorry sir, I will not accept that salary until I prove to you that I’m worth it. Or until I’m 50. Whichever comes first.”

PSYclone22

Visual Analytics Mercenary
SuperFanatic
Aug 15, 2012
Des Moines
I hope you told your employer this before you agreed to work. “Sorry sir, I will not accept that salary until I prove to you that I’m worth it. Or until I’m 50. Whichever comes first.”
No, I didn't say that, the finance industry isn't being ruined by this type of incentive structure

cyfan21

Aug 24, 2010
Davenport

yes

Reactions: PSYclone22

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny

Why are you using Rodgers to make this point? He made $81 from this program

Reactions: Aclone