Is SEC still the best conference becuase of their defense?

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
Auburn - Alabama is a freekin' track meet. Seems people should be questioning their conference since they don't play ANY defense.

Or is offense OK now that they actually score points?

Reactions: stateofmind

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
The difference in athletes on both sides of the ball in the top tier of the SEC is quite vast. Alabama may have the WR group in college football, plus they’re stocked with 5 star RBs too

So the SEC has elite offenses now? Or bad defenses I havnt decided

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
I think people get confused between good defense and having skilled players. SEC has a ton of talented players throughout the league but the scheming there is not as good. The Big 12 and SEC are pretty equal all things considered. The SEC is not above the other conferences and never has been.

mattyheiden

May 3, 2011
MN
I think people get confused between good defense and having skilled players. SEC has a ton of talented players throughout the league but the scheming there is not as good. The Big 12 and SEC are pretty equal all things considered. The SEC is not above the other conferences and never has been.

OLk7ih5.jpg

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

Let's also not forget about 10 of the last 16 national champions. The media bias absolutely blows, but it's not like any of the other conferences have actually done anything to dispel the bias, especially recently (with the exception of Clemson).

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
Remember when the media said that multiple big plays in Big 12 games made it a weaker conference? How many 40 yard + plays have there been this game? Shouldn't the defense be able to catch the offensive players? Must not have the atheletes?

Media pundants are such hypocrites.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Auburn - Alabama is a freekin' track meet. Seems people should be questioning their conference since they don't play ANY defense.

Or is offense OK now that they actually score points?

All I know is this is only the second ranked team Alabama has played. They are 0-1 so far. But, the eye test. Right?

Help Support Us

Become a patron