Is there a Big12 '23-24 schedule release yet?

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Are the sports schedules released, with the 4 new teams (UCF, Houston, Cincy, BYU)? Just curious as I am watching the Rose Bowl, and thinking of a possible 'Utah Big 12 member ?', sometime later. My guess is the answer is no, until OuT figures out what they are doing next year?

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I haven’t seen anything out yet.
This could be a very short thread, Ha.

Thanks. That's what is thought (but wasn't sure). Still, I'm anxious for when they do come out, pairings, etc.

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
Are the sports schedules released, with the 4 new teams (UCF, Houston, Cincy, BYU)? Just curious as I am watching the Rose Bowl, and thinking of a possible 'Utah Big 12 member ?', sometime later. My guess is the answer is no, until OuT figures out what they are doing next year?
Yes, there are negotiations under way to let OUT leave a year early. So instead of having two years of 14 teams, it will be 14 for just one year. Threw a wrench into scheduling.

Reactions: surly

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Here's an interesting theory from a UH fan.

parialexAlex Whitlock
48567_2.png
OldtimeCoog
2h

The plan for UT to come to UH was based on UT having two more years in the conference. If that gets negotiated down to one, the schedule changes. I believe that’s why the schedule hasn’t been released yet. The two year schedule is different from the One Final Year schedule.
The Longhorns playing at Houston means they are not playing at one of the 8 legacy members. The current plan is that everybody plays everybody at least one time in the two years of overlap. However, if UT and OU are only going to be around for one final season, the 4 or 5 teams scheduled to have UT come to their stadium may want to hold on to that game.
Also, it might be subject to early exit negotiations. “We will agree to these terms under one condition: We don’t have to play in any of the newbies’ stadiums.” … not sure the conference lets that stand in the way of a more lucrative exit buyout.
2b) It’s possible the entire plan to have them come to Houston was meant as negotiation leverage for just this purpose. If you want them to pay a lot of extra money to leave early, one way to push that along is to make more unhappy their experience in the last couple of years. I don’t think this is the case, but it’s possible.

Postel16

Oct 15, 2020
Any predictions on ISU's schedule. Obviously we already know the non-con.
I'll throw mine out (and it's probably waaaaaaayyy off)
@ Oklahoma
BYU
@ Kansas St.
Texas
Kansas
@ West Virginia
Oklahoma St.
@ Cincinnati
@ Baylor

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
The 365Sports guys (Baylor) had Baylor AD Mack.Rhoades on today and sounds like Big12 FB schedule for 2023 should be announced at end of January.

Sounded like Yormark mentioned timeframe in LA while attending CFB Championship game.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
The 365Sports guys (Baylor) had Baylor AD Mack.Rhoades on today and sounds like Big12 FB schedule for 2023 should be announced at end of January.

Sounded like Yormark mentioned timeframe in LA while attending CFB Championship game.

That means the major points about OUT's exit will have all been agreed upon by that time.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
That means the major points about OUT's exit will have all been agreed upon by that time.
Not sure it means anything more than OuT is around for 2023.

Since OuT's departure is open to negotiation, I think anything is possible for 2024.

HouClone

Sep 3, 2011
Houston
I read OUT is mostly the holdup on the conference schedule. There is backroom discussion about letting OUT leave in 2025. The Big 12 is now pushing this to avoid OUT possibly winning the Big 12 first year of the expanded playoffs.

So looks like OUT will be happy as a clam to leave early. Not so fast. They are demanding not to play any of the new 4 teams. Are you frickin' kidding me? These guys put in their notice 4 years early expecting to blow up the conference. Schedule OUT on the road to the new 4 members, starting with UT first game of conference play at Houston.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Any predictions on ISU's schedule. Obviously we already know the non-con.
I'll throw mine out (and it's probably waaaaaaayyy off)
@ Oklahoma
BYU
@ Kansas St.
Texas
Kansas
@ West Virginia
Oklahoma St.
@ Cincinnati
@ Baylor

Didn't see this until today. That looks totally believable. Is that your projected order of the games, too, or listed in no specific order?

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
I read OUT is mostly the holdup on the conference schedule. There is backroom discussion about letting OUT leave in 2025. The Big 12 is now pushing this to avoid OUT possibly winning the Big 12 first year of the expanded playoffs.

So looks like OUT will be happy as a clam to leave early. Not so fast. They are demanding not to play any of the new 4 teams. Are you frickin' kidding me? These guys put in their notice 4 years early expecting to blow up the conference. Schedule OUT on the road to the new 4 members, starting with UT first game of conference play at Houston.
You might have fat fingered the date. The current Big12 media deal ends with the 2024 football season, so OU & UT will be gone for the 2025 season.

I would think OU/UT would be in the SEC by now if it was up to them. Maybe Fox is the holdup by demanding a big check. Since Fox owns the Big10 rights, why wouldn't they stick it to ESPN & SEC if they could.