Is TJ out of gas?

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
Or, they figure us out and our guys just aren't actually better than their guys.

Last year and this year's (so far) success has been just a bonus considering what TJ inherited to work with.
There aren't many staffs in the country that would have accomplished what this staff has the last two years. I give TJ mad props as I wasn't huge on his hire.

Last edited:

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
jason-momoa-chair.gif

Malone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 7, 2010
Des Moines
The way we play - extremely physically - probably a part of our mid-season lulls. Nobody looks like they’re playing with much spring in their step. Probably not helping ft shooting touch either.

The hope is as talent level increases, we’re able to play less physically defensively while playing with better anticipation without fouling. Okie St looked a lot fresher than us.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
Don't know, don't care anymore, I'll figure out something better to do with my time than watch this trainwreck continue.

This is a Fran Mccaffrey or Steve Prohm meltdown after starting the season really well.

*checks calendar*

Yep, K-State fan vehemently posts he is done with the ISU MBB team for this year. That time of the year!

Amac12

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 21, 2020
They completely took us out of this game with better athletes that were quicker and could dominate our guard court. Gabe and Caleb could not even get decent looks and got frustrated. Even with that our supposed best shooters have to at least make free throws.

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
TJ is great at assembling teams, getting them to peak, and instilling a great overall brand of team basketball, but his in-game tactics leave lots to be desired. We don't adjust, we don't utilize timeouts very well (set plays), and at times our rotations leave a lot to be desired.

Otz has to figure out a way to get guys to play better fundamental defense. Too often guys like King, Holmes, and Osun overcommit and leave shooters wide open. Jones CONSTANTLY leaves the floor on pump fakes. Grill is losing composure. Instead of playing smarter he's acting like a brat on the court. The offense is too stagnant, with poor screening and movement with the ball. OSU was able to drive guys 7 feet beyond the arc. We consistently have issues reversing course once things turn negative, especially in the 2nd half.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
*checks calendar*

Yep, K-State fan vehemently posts he is done with the ISU MBB team for this year. That time of the year!
I don't give 2 ***** about K-State basketball, never have, never will, never been to a basketball game there, can only name 2 players on their team, Johnson and Nowell.

Just stop with this bs. If they make the tourney ill watch then. It was fun the first 3 or 4 weeks of Big 12 play but there's not much left to play for except hoping they don't slide down into an 8-9 type game.

Help Support Us

Become a patron