Is Weber out a KSU?

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Is KState a better job than Wake Forest to lure Steve Forbes? He kind of knows the area?

Depends on what the coach wants I guess. Be 4th string in your own state or live in Manhattan Ks and be #2 in Freaking Kansas. Pretty close I would say.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
We were more of a Hi-C or Hawaiian Punch family. Especially when it came in a giant metal can you had to punch a hole in the top to drain. Good times!;)
You mean the mail order ones came in a metal can? Figured a wooden crate or bubble wrapped cardboard box.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Ever try snorting it?
Whenever we went to our Grandma BC's, she had this orange powder stuff that she mixed with water, when it said use two teaspoons, she would heap them up so each was about three in one. So it would be very thick, almost like drinking a shake. So you would drink a couple sips and gag on it. She would get mad if you didn't drink it all so my sister and I would just guzzle it at the end (if you did it early, she got you more). The rest of the time, we sat around with cotton mouth and nearly ready to suck water out of the toilet. I'm not using the name of the product for obvious reasons.

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
Saw an article on a KSU web site that claims Weber will be fired after the big 12 tourney. I realize that they are not having a great year, but besides the theatrics I always thought Weber was a good coach.
I think his run to the Elite 8 that one year was a bit of fools gold.

There were so many upsets on his side of the bracket they had double digit seeds in their first two games and caught some major breaks. Not saying his work that year was not impressive, it was. I think TJ has solidified himself as an upper half big 12 coach though.

I think Bob Huggins is the first "old timer" to get pushed out. His guys seem a little fed up with his act. He doesn't appear to care much anymore or as much as he once did. His health is an issue too.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I think his run to the Elite 8 that one year was a bit of fools gold.

There were so many upsets on his side of the bracket they had double digit seeds in their first two games and caught some major breaks. Not saying his work that year was not impressive, it was. I think TJ has solidified himself as an upper half big 12 coach though.

I think Bob Huggins is the first "old timer" to get pushed out. His guys seem a little fed up with his act. He doesn't appear to care much anymore or as much as he once did. His health is an issue too.
After one year here you think TJ is in the upper half? Over half the coaches have reached a Final Four in their career. Mark Adams could get his team there this year. It's a strong list of coaches.

gocy444

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 15, 2008
Ames, IA
If I’m Kstate I go all in on Brad Underwood, who played there. Likely a long shot but he’s an elite coach.

Side note - wonder how long Devries will be at Drake? Dude can coach.

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
Yes elite eight my bad for giving the purple kitties final four status.

Eh, it was low hanging fruit, and, as someone who has never been wrong (frantically deletes posting history) I couldn’t resist.

Weber’s career is wild. I don’t think anyone really thinks of him as one of the greats (I sure don’t), yet he has twice won regular season championships in the Missouri Valley, Big 10, AND Big 12, which is no small thing, even if Self maybe deserves some of the credit for the Big 10 ones (and maybe Frank Martin for the first Big 12). And after the last Big 12 championship… he has finished 10th, 9th, and 9th in the conference. Will be fascinating to see how KSU handles it.

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
If I’m Kstate I go all in on Brad Underwood, who played there. Likely a long shot but he’s an elite coach.

Side note - wonder how long Devries will be at Drake? Dude can coach.
Underwood’s heart wants Manhattan but his head wants Champaign

Reactions: gocy444