ISO CF Cody Road

TexCyted

Oct 30, 2018
DFW
I can’t get CR here in TX, my brother is coming to visit next week and want a few bottles in my home bar.

Anyone know where to find in the Des Moines area? He’s checked a few HyVee locations but can’t find any. I would prefer the CF bottle.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I can’t get CR here in TX, my brother is coming to visit next week and want a few bottles in my home bar.

Anyone know where to find in the Des Moines area? He’s checked a few HyVee locations but can’t find any. I would prefer the CF bottle.

Cyclone Liquors in Ames has a nice variety of Cody Road products, including the Manhattan and Old Fashioned. However, I haven't seen the CF-branded bottle there since well before Christmas.

Reactions: TexCyted

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
Go get some Templeton rye (the real stuff) and you will forget all about the IPA"s and all their fruity blends. The real rye is so smooth you won't believe it.;)

• Winner
Reactions: Farnsworth

flynnhicks03

The Man That You Love to Hate
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
www.mapcon.com

Have you tried Central City Liquor? I bought a bottle there a while back, but not sure if they still have it.

• Informative

SayMyName

Jan 28, 2017
ABQ
I've seen these all over Ames, but haven't made the rounds recently. Should make my usual circuit again here soon and will report back any current findings.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
You should also look into some of the really creative stuff being done by the Foundry Distillery (by the guy who was involved with Templeton).

Their brewer/distiller alliance results in some wonderfully unique products.

Most recently, we got a Confluence Des Moines IPA whiskey that is absolutely fantastic.

Torks Pub

Dec 16, 2006
Ankeny

My advise, since you're in the great state of TX, is to stick to Garrison Brothers Single Barrel or Treaty Oak Ghost Hill Cask Strength and forget about that Cody Road stuff.