ISU #1 Returning Production In Nation

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
17th for Colorado? Every time I fire up CBS ncaaf, I see a headline of another guy transferring out.
It includes transfers, as I understand it reading the X thread. So not just returning to the team, but returning to college FB. LOL. What's the point of that?

I also would think a returning QB is a lot more important than most spots.

Still, reason for optimism.

Reactions: Jer

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
It includes transfers, as I understand it reading the X thread. So not just returning to the team, but returning to college FB. LOL. What's the point of that?

I also would think a returning QB is a lot more important than most spots.

Still, reason for optimism.
Considering how well ISU did in retaining guys, it certainly still applies as reason for optimism.

On the downside, I presume this is percent of the team's productivity, and there's no adjustment factor for wins or team productivity, etc.

Okie State returns something like 20 starters. I think they have to be the overwhelming favorite in the league.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Considering how well ISU did in retaining guys, it certainly still applies as reason for optimism.

On the downside, I presume this is percent of the team's productivity, and there's no adjustment factor for wins or team productivity, etc.

Okie State returns something like 20 starters. I think they have to be the overwhelming favorite in the league.

They were 7-2 in conference. We were 6-3. Not that much different.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
And we beat them. They improved through the year but it was a pretty convincing win IMO.

They were a better team overall than we were last year, but it wasn't so crazy that they should be the 'overwhelming' favorite.

• Agree
Reactions: Aclone

jdubs

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 5, 2011
I mean, 12 teams now. Most of the time the 2 teams in the Big 12 championship will both make it. Everyone talked about how TCU flew under the radar the year they made it but they were one of the top teams with returning production.
This just isn't correct. The 2nd place B12 team will be left out for B10/SEC 3rd and sometimes 4th place teams. The B12 will only get 1 team in most years.

Most people have Utah and KSU ahead of them. Maybe Arizona depending on how worried you are about their depth.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
This just isn't correct. The 2nd place B12 team will be left out for B10/SEC 3rd and sometimes 4th place teams. The B12 will only get 1 team in most years.

Most people have Utah and KSU ahead of them. Maybe Arizona depending on how worried you are about their depth.

In "way too early" previews I've seen most have ISU in the top 4 of their power rankings for this upcoming season... and looking at our schedule, the Utah and K-State games very well could decide whether we're in the Big 12 championship game - that's how soft our schedule is this year. Probably the reason why we're in the top 4 of power rankings.