ISU and Nebraska volleyball lives on

isufan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 23, 2009
SW Iowa
Good news for the volleyball program. They have had huge attendance the past couple years when Nebraska comes to town.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
That's good to see.

I disagree. I can't think of a good reason to allow LCC to profit from ISU athletics in any way, shape or form.

LCC's athletic dept. set into motion a chain of events which could have cost ISU millions of dollars. They should not be rewarded for that. I am an ISU alumnus and I would prefer that ISU end any and all association with LCC athletics.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I disagree. I can't think of a good reason to allow LCC to profit from ISU athletics in any way, shape or form.

LCC's athletic dept. set into motion a chain of events which could have cost ISU millions of dollars. They should not be rewarded for that. I am an ISU alumnus and I would prefer that ISU end any and all association with LCC athletics.

We profit from it too. Itll be very well attended.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines

I'm guessing LCC is the EIU equivalent for Nebraska now?

This game benefits the ISU program just as much as it possibly benefits Nebraska, maybe more. It would be stupid to put a grudge with the Husker AD and administration above something of value to one of our programs.

d4nim4l

Apr 23, 2008
West Des Moines, IA

Could have cost us millions of dollars but in the end likely gained us millions of dollars.

Nebraska was the school that let their "prestige" get in the way of common sense and hold the Big XII back. Good riddance to the program but glad we are keeping the volleyball series going for the recruiting ties.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
I'm guessing LCC is the EIU equivalent for Nebraska now?

This game benefits the ISU program just as much as it possibly benefits Nebraska, maybe more. It would be stupid to put a grudge with the Husker AD and administration above something of value to one of our programs.

So a "university" that gets kicked out of the AAU is more than a glorified football centric community college? News to me.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
So a "university" that gets kicked out of the AAU is more than a glorified football centric community college? News to me.

First off, you realize that there are lots of universities that aren't part of the AAU, right? It's just the Big Ten that previously had all their members also be members of the AAU.

Second, that has nothing to do with my point that thinking ISU should stop having a volleyball series with Nebraska is a pretty damn stupid opinion.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Could have cost us millions of dollars but in the end likely gained us millions of dollars.

Nebraska was the school that let their "prestige" get in the way of common sense and hold the Big XII back. Good riddance to the program but glad we are keeping the volleyball series going for the recruiting ties.

We have to play volleyball in Lincoln to recruit the state of Nebraska?

It must be a lot different than football because we recruit kids from CA and FL w/o playing there.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
First off, you realize that there are lots of universities that aren't part of the AAU, right? It's just the Big Ten that previously had all their members also be members of the AAU.

Second, that has nothing to do with my point that thinking ISU should stop having a volleyball series with Nebraska is a pretty damn stupid opinion.

You brought it up, you know NONE have ever been kicked out, right?

We don't need a series with LCC to survive, do we?

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
You brought it up, you know NONE have ever been kicked out, right?

We don't need a series with LCC to survive, do we?

As i recall, part of why they were kicked out is because their ag strengths werent factored in. Similar reason to why we are near the bottom of the standings.

Its funny that nebraska got kicked out, sure. But i dont believe we were that much above them.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
As i recall, part of why they were kicked out is because their ag strengths werent factored in. Similar reason to why we are near the bottom of the standings.

Its funny that nebraska got kicked out, sure. But i dont believe we were that much above them.

The OP isn't about LCC academics and I didn't make it about academics. I have a low opinion of their AD and I don't see a compelling reason to associate with them. At all.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
The OP isn't about LCC academics and I didn't make it about academics. I have a low opinion of their AD and I don't see a compelling reason to associate with them. At all.

I just wanted to know what "LCC" was because I hadn't seen it used before. You're explanation made it seem like you thought it was something more than an embarassing story for the university.

Do we need the Nebraska game for volleyball to survive? Probably not. That absolutely does not mean that it makes a lick of sense to ignore all the benefits in terms of money, exposure, recruiting, etc. we get from the game in favor of a stupid grudge against them.

oldvbguy

Aug 18, 2011
Have no love for the smug fans in Lincoln but getting 10,000 fans in Hilton probably does not happen for any other opponent, not even Texas. Will be really interested next year to see how NE travels to Ames for an "out of conference" match up with our Clones.

justcynn

Sep 28, 2009
Cabot, AR
Play Nebraska in every Non-Revenue Sport Possible Plus schedule Mens and Womens Basketball, interest is high, its a counter to the inevitable hype of Iowa-Nebraska and the ticket sales would be great non-conference revenue not to mention lowest possible travel costs. Playing Nebraska in every sport except Football helps balance the power in the state

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL

No offense, but can we at least all stick to abbreviations of schools and conferences that make sense to the rest of the world. I know you think you are being funny, but in reality, most people are asking, "WTF?" I'm still trying to figure out if the Fox 12 is us or the Pac 12.

It's like those who use EIU, Yeah, it was funny the first time, but after that, it just confuses those scanning the forums.