ISU club wrestling

isukendall

Nov 30, 2006
Fort Collins, CO
Nice article below about the ISU club wrestling team. I am the head coach of the Colorado State University club team, and have helped some of the leadership in the ISU team get up and running. Their numbers and talent are impressive for only their second year in the league, which I attribute to the wrestling culture in the state of Iowa and the leadership of the students. University of Iowa also has an emerging team. I wish this had been an option 15 years ago when I was in school at ISU.

If you are a student at ISU who loves the sport of wrestling, or know someone who is, please pass this article along. We are trying to grow our conference footprint in the league, and I would love to see the ISU team continue to grow.

http://takedownwrestle.com/wrestling-news/college/a-look-at-the-iowa-state-wrestling-club-team/

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Didn't know you were out in Colorado. Been there long? How far are you from UNC (Nickerson)?

I also wish there was a club team at Iowa State in the 80's. I wrestled in the intramurals and won outstanding wrestler in the tourney my freshman year. I looked at Iowa Central, BV, Upper Iowa and a few others to wrestle. Ended up at Iowa State because of the Ag program.

isukendall

Nov 30, 2006
Fort Collins, CO
Didn't know you were out in Colorado. Been there long? How far are you from UNC (Nickerson)?

I also wish there was a club team at Iowa State in the 80's. I wrestled in the intramurals and won outstanding wrestler in the tourney my freshman year. I looked at Iowa Central, BV, Upper Iowa and a few others to wrestle. Ended up at Iowa State because of the Ag program.

Been here for 8 years. Actually skinnied down to 174 and wrestled on the club team for a bit, while I was in grad school at CSU.

This is the first year for a club team at UNC as well. Nickerson has been supportive of the club by allowing them to use the wrestling room, which is great.

The league also has a womens' division, which is another growing opportunity.

Reactions: buf87