ISU Fan Support

0u812

Jan 14, 2012
Laugh all you want, and thanks for your profound knowledge of the west coast!

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
My brother lives in California and he is telling me that they are all pulling for iowa..

Of course, he went to iowa so I'm not sure about his objectivity on the subject....

Most of the people I know couldn't find Iowa on the map.

Maybe I need to run with a more cosmopolitan crowd

Last edited:

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Or every other program's fan base will follow their own team and not really care what ISU and Iowa are doing.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
actually in Oregon....yes, huge gamewatch here. Cyclones are beloved here....especially with Duck fans who appreciated the OSU upset a few years back....and Beaver fans like the Cyclones too, for the similarities in the schools (state, ag/engineering school).

Fairly profound on your part...lol.

I would think we are all beaver fans.......

PKT13

Jun 18, 2014
actually in Oregon....yes, huge gamewatch here. Cyclones are beloved here....especially with Duck fans who appreciated the OSU upset a few years back....and Beaver fans like the Cyclones too, for the similarities in the schools (state, ag/engineering school).

Fairly profound on your part...lol.
So Duck fans are going to turn off their game at halftime to watch ISU vs. Iowa?

0u812

Jan 14, 2012
Actually very few people out west probably know where Iowa is.....it is typically mixed up with Idaho and Ohio....go figure. I blame it on the high quality ganja and meth....

But, at least a few Cyclones in Oregon yes. Not many Hawkeyes, that I know of....I am sure they exist.

clones26

Nov 8, 2006
Urbandale
I can just imagine there's a guy in Kentucky right now saying "Daisy Mabel, I just can't wait for that Ioway-Ioway State game to start on Saturday. I'm gonna have to get my possum huntin done early so I can watch it on the telervision".
I can see this same conversation happening in Nebraska, with a guy named Cooter Ray....everybody say Coota!

ThurgoodMarshal

Jul 18, 2011
Ankeny, IA
Laugh all you want, and thanks for your profound knowledge of the west coast!

Be nice to the little hok fan. Their fan base as a whole has a very low rate of literacy (most of them couldn't graduate high school, let alone attend college). He just laughs so people think he was able to read and comprehend the post.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Most of the people I know couldn't find Iowa on the map.

Maybe I need to run with a more cosmopolitan crowd

Ran into that one when we moved here from San Francisco. U-Haul rep couldn't find a dropoff in Ames. I thought that was odd, but told her to try Des Moines. No dice. Finally determined she was searching in Ohio.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Just last summer when driving through Alabama, saw a thank you Iowa State sign up. Long memory I guess.

rdubbs

Feb 12, 2009
Central Iowa
Someone referred to it as a 'dance fight' yesterday. I am going with that. I picture a MJ Beat It Gif with Rhoads and Feretz heads photo-shopped....

I picture it more as Rhoads is Kevin Bacon and Ferentz is John Lithgow. Paul just wants to dance and Kirk says NO. Who will win? Find out on Saturday. *insert dramatic music*