ISU FB at Johnny's, Nadas at Peoples

djkent01

Feb 21, 2008
Des Moines, IA
Could be a GREAT ISU night in downtown Des Moines on Court Avenue.

An ISU win followed by an ISU band, both in ISU bars. Good team. good band, good bars. Doesn't get much better than that.

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
And Fat Andy is playing at Mother's Pub in Ames tonight! :wink:

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
With the nice weather, it will be crazy (in a good way down there Saturday night!

It is unbelievable to me the transformation that has occured with Court Avenue in within the last 18 months or so. The area really hops on weekends now.

djkent01

Feb 21, 2008
Des Moines, IA
With the nice weather, it will be crazy (in a good way down there Saturday night!

It is unbelievable to me the transformation that has occured with Court Avenue in within the last 18 months or so. The area really hops on weekends now.

Des Moines finally took off the gloves and did some very nice things there. It's my favorite area to go to in the metro area. And you're right, it always seems to be hopping.

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
Des Moines finally took off the gloves and did some very nice things there. It's my favorite area to go to in the metro area. And you're right, it always seems to be hopping.

Yeah….nothing gives a metro less street cred (note: I use that term loosely) then having its best nightlife being somewhere outside of the downtown area, and worse yet…(gasp!!)...somewhere in the suburbs!! That is where DSM was not too long ago. It is nice to see things shift back to downtown again where they belong.

It makes it a lot more fun to have friends come to town when you need to show them a good time .

Last edited:

ISU4ME

Aug 26, 2007
A friendly reminder that the Nadas have limited the number of tickets they are selling to this show to make it a smaller crowd. It is highly recommended to buy your tickets in advance. The last 2 shows were sold out.

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
A friendly reminder that the Nadas have limited the number of tickets they are selling to this show to make it a smaller crowd. It is highly recommended to buy your tickets in advance. The last 2 shows were sold out.

People's holds something like 900. Are you saying they are limiting the crowd to smaller than capacity?

That said, I do recall the last two shows there being sold out.

ISU4ME

Aug 26, 2007
People's holds something like 900. Are you saying they are limiting the crowd to smaller than capacity?

That said, I do recall the last two shows there being sold out.

The email from Jason said "I would recommend getting them early (tickets) for 2 reasons: they are cheaper and we have sold out the past couple of times we played there. We are limiting the number of tickets this time for you so it is more comfortable."

Not sure how fewer tickets but just wanted to give everyone the heads up in case they are interested.