ISU Football Tickets on Groupon

thrillcat

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
$6 for OSU? When I was a student we'd buy them out front of the Olsen Building (i.e. a trailer) right before the game for $2. $6 seems high.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
Does it say where the tickets are or am I just not seeing it?

Also, this made me chuckle, under In a Nutshell on the right side:
The Cyclones take the field in a 61,500-seat stadium rich with tradition and constantly being upgraded

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
$6 for OSU? When I was a student we'd buy them out front of the Olsen Building (i.e. a trailer) right before the game for $2. $6 seems high.
I don't know. $6? Do I at least get a free hot dog or something to make it a good value?

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
This is absolutely embarrassing. Hawk fans deserve to poke fun at this one.

Why? I understand this doesn't look great but how is this any different from StubHub or selling tickets on Craigslist?

Also, edit to my post above. It looks like they don't show the seats until after you purchase.

Sellers do not disclose seat numbers for security purposes as they are linked to the seller's identity. Not to worry, we guarantee your seats to be side by side unless otherwise stated in the ticket notes.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
sweet. my $30/game tickets sounds like a steal. i'm guessing we won't be getting season tickets next year. no Iowa game and everytime i go to CF i see another deal for tickets.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Boys six dollars is a lot of money compared to the Walden yrs when you could not Give Tickets away for FREE.lol

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Why? I understand this doesn't look great but how is this any different from StubHub or selling tickets on Craigslist?

Also, edit to my post above. It looks like they don't show the seats until after you purchase.

[/FONT][/COLOR]

Yeah, it's worth noting that this isn't a typical Groupon deal... It takes you to a 'FanXchange' site that lets people sell their tickets. There happens to be 1 person offering 2 tickets at $6/each. This isn't ISU offering 1000 tickets at $6 a pop.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
This is absolutely embarrassing. Hawk fans deserve to poke fun at this one.

I know, right. What type of school would be having resellers dumping tickets on Groupon?

https://www.groupon.com/deals/gl-io...Referral&utm_medium=email&utm_source=deal_ita

Wait. ****.

YBHfJfy.png

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
"Additional service fees charged at purchase."

NYCCyclone

Jul 16, 2015

[/FONT][/COLOR]

Agreed. This isn't a real groupon deal - rather it is another avenue for resale

clonetil01

Nov 23, 2009
As embarrassing as it may be, there might be some silver lining. When "bragging" about how far we have fallen to be offering our tix on Groupon, one of my employees, an avid Michigan Fan, told me that they did the same thing last year. Now, they are a top 10 team with a whole new staff. Do I think we'll be top 10 this time next year? No, but you can read between the lines.