ISU Foundation just called

drlove

Mar 20, 2007
Th Foundation just called to ask for $$$ with us down 35-7. My wife saw the caller ID and wisely didn't allow me to answer by saying "now isn't a good time".

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Th Foundation just called to ask for $$$ with us down 35-7. My wife saw the caller ID and wisely didn't allow me to answer by saying "now isn't a good time".

Not going to effect what I give this year but the farce that is football may impact my distribution for 2015. Probably a win for Design College and others. Not a season ticket holder so Cyclone Club levels don't do much of anything for me other then free tickets to volleyball.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
So glad I ditched my home phone so they cannot call me every few months.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
They call constantly and I ignore them on caller ID. I tell them every year I do not commit money over the phone and to send the information in the mail. After decades of this, I am tired of answering the phone. I don't need an update on campus, I get a Ubill every semester. I know the kids that call are just reading the ******, but still you would think after a few decades they would catch on to my MO. I will give them credit for not blocking their caller info or faking it with a local number like the political crap.

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa
in about a month I'll answer and say that I'm the house sitter and they have gone for the winter and will return early April. No calls all winter

BikeSkiClone

Jul 25, 2014
I worked for a non-profit, making a little under $17k pre-tax, right out of undergrad. Kid on the phone asked if I could donate $500 and didn't understand why that was out of my budget.

I can only hope that he thought I'd said $70k.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
I'm under the impression after talking to a few people that a professor at Iowa State had given a potential employer a bad recommendation of me, shortly after he told me to make him a reference because he can get me a job due to his title.

So, no matter how much money I ever make in my lifetime, the only Iowa State-related department I will ever be giving money to is the Athletic Department. At least, that's how it'll be until that professor is no longer here.