ISU games on ESPN+

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
I wonder how our numbers looked yesterday, I hope we had strong viewership.

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
Only 3 of our remaining 11 games have TV networks assigned. Iowa is ABC, UNLV is CBSSN, and TCU is FOX/FS1. College football games are rarely set on networks very far in advance. Typically it's 12 days in advance of the game. Meaning Monday after the Iowa game we will learn time and TV channel for the Baylor game.

Is there some rule about Big 12 teams playing a max of one game on ESPN Plus? I vaguely remember that from before. Not sure if it's still true.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
Soooooooo, according to this link, there are NO MORE ISU games on ESPN+

If this is the reason you spent $7/mo, time to cancel?
That's good news and I will cancel. I'm not going to ask for a refund because I used the service and watched more than the Iowa State game on it, but if given the opportunity I will share why I am cancelling their product.

And I guess if there are additional games on ESPN+ I can always get it again. It isn't like I got some special offer

• Agree
Reactions: Arkansas Cyclone

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Only 3 of our remaining 11 games have TV networks assigned. Iowa is ABC, UNLV is CBSSN, and TCU is FOX/FS1. College football games are rarely set on networks very far in advance. Typically it's 12 days in advance of the game. Meaning Monday after the Iowa game we will learn time and TV channel for the Baylor game.

Is there some rule about Big 12 teams playing a max of one game on ESPN Plus? I vaguely remember that from before. Not sure if it's still true.

They can place two league games there by contract but, outside of Kansas, I can't imagine that there's any threat of that.

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
They can place two league games there by contract but, outside of Kansas, I can't imagine that there's any threat of that.

The Kansas game is Oct. 2 so people who signed up for a month on Friday or Saturday for the UNI game probably shouldn't delete the app just yet (if they won't be in attendance, at least)

Reactions: mynameisjonas

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
The Kansas game is Oct. 2 so people who signed up for a month on Friday or Saturday for the UNI game probably shouldn't delete the app just yet (if they won't be in attendance, at least)
My subscription cancels on October 3. Waited until the last minute to sign up.

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
Soooooooo, according to this link, there are NO MORE ISU games on ESPN+

If this is the reason you spent $7/mo, time to cancel?
It’s not the reason if you like volleyball, basketball, wrestling, soccer, and/or softball. I’ve watched one or more of each last year. Already two VB matches this year.

• Winner
Reactions: StPaulCyclone

SCarolinaCy

Jun 20, 2011
Greenville, SC
It’s not the reason if you like volleyball, basketball, wrestling, soccer, and/or softball. I’ve watched one or more of each last year. Already two VB matches this year.
Thanks for all the EXPN+ posts. On a side bar, I have always thought ISU should be a part of a MEN'S Volleyball league. Low cost, exciting winter sport.

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
How does the signup/cancellation work? Can I cancel at any time up to the month end date and still only be charged for the one month?
I signed up on Friday and then cancelled on Saturday, I still have access until October 3rd. But, yes, you have up until the day before it renews to cancel.

Reactions: SCarolinaCy

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
WVU/KU and KSU/OSU were on ESPN+ in 2019.

No league games were on it last year, probably due to more open windows.

SCarolinaCy

Jun 20, 2011
Greenville, SC
1) Cancelled Direct TV Price had gone to $121/mo
2) Got Firestick for $30. Plugs into hdmi slot on 8 year old non internet TV.
3) Son-in-law shares Sling for free. With this we get Netflix streaming free. We don't use the movie streaming much. No longer use Sling. We get the DVD's in mail, for $10/mo Selection is MUCH better.
4)Got Youtube for $65/mo with two week free trial. (Thanks for the forum help.
5)Got ESPN addon for $6/mo (Was free on Direct TV) Will probably cancel.
6) Considered Hallmark movies addon for $6/mo. (Was free on Direct TV, wife likes). Decide against it. Too much TV.....

Overall, It has taken time for this senior to grasp it. The (ESPN) add ons are confusing to me, as they are on a completely different group from Youtube. Some of the sports screens are also confusing in that I don't know if I am watching something live or replay. The home screen has a lotta info that I don't want to look at and is confusing. I am STILL very much in a learning mode. :confused: Quality/Content/features/all local channels is outstanding

One thing I really like is being able to watch things on the phone in addition to TV, especially where there are the two of us, in the same room.

One more thing I will add,,,,Grandpa (guess who) got hearing aids with blue tooth, that adds some very interesting pros and cons! (Whew.)

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
1) Cancelled Direct TV Price had gone to $121/mo
2) Got Firestick for $30. Plugs into hdmi slot on 8 year old non internet TV.
3) Son-in-law shares Sling for free. With this we get Netflix streaming free. We don't use the movie streaming much. No longer use Sling. We get the DVD's in mail, for $10/mo Selection is MUCH better.
4)Got Youtube for $65/mo with two week free trial. (Thanks for the forum help.
5)Got ESPN addon for $6/mo (Was free on Direct TV) Will probably cancel.
6) Considered Hallmark movies addon for $6/mo. (Was free on Direct TV, wife likes). Decide against it. Too much TV.....

Overall, It has taken time for this senior to grasp it. The (ESPN) add ons are confusing to me, as they are on a completely different group from Youtube. Some of the sports screens are also confusing in that I don't know if I am watching something live or replay. The home screen has a lotta info that I don't want to look at and is confusing. I am STILL very much in a learning mode. :confused: Quality/Content/features/all local channels is outstanding

One thing I really like is being able to watch things on the phone in addition to TV, especially where there are the two of us, in the same room.

One more thing I will add,,,,Grandpa (guess who) got hearing aids with blue tooth, that adds some very interesting pros and cons! (Whew.)

I have never heard that Netflix has a larger selection of DVDs vs streaming. Huh.

Then again we really don't have a DVD player hooked up anymore. I'm sure there's one around here somewhere. I really do not like Netflix streaming.

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
Kansas has had its home games vs South Dakota and Baylor on ESPN+. KSU is going to have three games in a row on here (SIU, Nevada, @ OSU). It’s only a matter of time before we get one - I imagine it will be the home game against Kansas, and maybe the road game at Texas Tech depending on how those teams are doing in November.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Kansas has had its home games vs South Dakota and Baylor on ESPN+. KSU is going to have three games in a row on here (SIU, Nevada, @ OSU). It’s only a matter of time before we get one - I imagine it will be the home game against Kansas, and maybe the road game at Texas Tech depending on how those teams are doing in November.

I think Kansas will most likely be an ESPN+ game but if we take care of business at Baylor that may be it. Iowa State was pegged the #2 team in the country by multiple outlets, the Big 12 needs the eyeballs.

Reactions: t-noah

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron