*** ISU @ KU ***

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
Without a feel for whether a game-day thread helps or not:

Who: Iowa State vs. Kansas
Where: Allen Fieldhouse - Lawrence, Kan.
When: Monday, Mar. 2 at 7 p.m.
Projected Starting Lineup: Brynn Williamson, Kidd Blaskowsky, Seanna Johnson, Nikki Moody and Fallon Ellis
Radio: Cyclone Radio Network/Learfield
Talent: Rich Fellingham (PxP), Molly Parrott (Color)
Online: ESPN3.com

I don't know why KU is 14-16 and 5-12 in the Big XII. They have seniors 6-1 Boyd and 6-3 Gardner who have harassed us for forever. Senior guard Knight joins them with double digit scoring. They are fresh off a road win at OU. I'd feel better if CBF had more time to prep the team. With our road record and history at KU, and senior-night for them, a loss might be expected, but hopefully we've discovered our winning ways.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Thanks for the reminder, didn't know this was on ESPN3.

Hopefully we can maybe grab a road win but don't really know what to think about this game. Kansas is in last place but we are only 3-8 in Not-at-Hilton this year and KU has already beat us in Ames.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
You still on the beach, Boxster?

Flew back Saturday late night. Will laptop stream the gals and big screen cable the guys tonight. Nice to have my TV options again. My WatchESPN stuff is blocked when out of the country at lease for internet streaming on a laptop.

Didn't try the ESPN phone app. Turned my phone off and threw aside for two weeks. :)

Sobchakcyclone

Feb 8, 2010
Bowling Alley
I thought Asia Boyd was withheld for K-State, something about a knee injury. Anybody know if she is going to play? I haven't seen anything.

mwwbbfan

Jun 1, 2010
Iowa City, IA
I thought Asia Boyd was withheld for K-State, something about a knee injury. Anybody know if she is going to play? I haven't seen anything.

I read she had a stress fracture and was on crutches for their last game. It said she was very doubtful to play again this year. She did not play against Oklahoma on Sat.

Last edited:

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
An ISU win and an OU win @ OSU would give ISU the 3 seed playing 6 seed OSU. An OSU win would put ISU at the 4 seed playing Texas. I know we have beaten Texas twice and lost twice to OSU but I'd rather not playing Texas for a third time. They are starting to play well as of late, and in both wins we had to escape with Texas missing last second shots.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
An ISU win and an OU win @ OSU would give ISU the 3 seed playing 6 seed OSU. An OSU win would put ISU at the 4 seed playing Texas.

ISU as #3, opponent could be OSU, UT or WVU
ISU as #4, opponent could be UT or TCU

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
11-11 at 10:40

update: now 21-15 KU. We have 5 turnovers and one assist. 7:12

Last edited:

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
Why does Gardner always show up vs. ISU? One player I will be glad to see go.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
31-25 KU at half.

Moody with 11 pts mostly on drives to the basket.

Johnson with 8 rebounds.

Nobody else with much of note.

We can win this if someone else on our offense shows up for the 2nd half.

cydney

Mar 14, 2011
Lost 68-64 - # 5 seed in the tourney. We will play OSU in the first game on Saturday based on mred's bracket generator.

Well, playing OSU is probably the silver lining, since we are due to put up a good, solid game against them this year.

Hate to lose to KU. Hate to get swept by them. Sure would have been special to finish #3 in the conference everything considered. But KU did go beat OU at home, so they elevated their play just enough with nothing to lose at the end the season. Also ironic (and fortunate for KU) to catch both OU and us after a big win vs Baylor.

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
Well, playing OSU is probably the silver lining, since we are due to put up a good, solid game against them this year.

Hate to lose to KU. Hate to get swept by them. Sure would have been special to finish #3 in the conference everything considered. But KU did go beat OU at home, so they elevated their play just enough with nothing to lose at the end the season. Also ironic (and fortunate for KU) to catch both OU and us after a big win vs Baylor.

With a TCU loss tomorrow, we will finish tied for 3rd. We were picked 6th in the preseason poll. Was it a great regular season, no but we finished .500 in league play and will be in the NCAA tourney for the 9th consecutive year.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron