ISU legacy commits to KU

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
We are about to see a gulf between what coaches can be offered to coach in the B1G and SEC versus anywhere else. There is now way he could turn down a gig at one of those schools if they came calling in the near future.
That's what everyone said about Campbell, and Leipold is closer to the end of his career. Time will tell.

Cyghhh

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 18, 2022
That's what everyone said about Campbell, and Leipold is closer to the end of his career. Time will tell.
I think he could finish his career there too, especially if KU starts investing in football like they do basketball, which it seems like they are. With the medical school, they're going to have far greater resources than us.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
A few hawk-like responses. "We didn't want him anyway". That may be true, but he picked a rising program under a great coach that has our number so far. Good luck young man. Hopefully you do great except for one game a year.
I only saw one.

ISU wanted him. I think Brent was hoping he'd pick ISU. I think he made it pretty clear early on that he wanted to pave his own way and that ISU wasn't in a great position, so if we put less resources in his recruitment, it was more because they believed it was futile.

• Agree
Reactions: cyputz

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
People forget that Big 12 coaches still make generational wealth. It's just a less than their Big 10 and SEC counterparts.

The bottom half schools in those conferences are going to be in a really tough position in terms of being able to compete going forward, and a lot of guys are going to look at the Big 12 and ACC as better opportunities to make the playoffs, and build long term scenarios, as opposed to going to Indiana for 3 years, making a few more bucks per year, and getting fired.

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
I think he could finish his career there too, especially if KU starts investing in football like they do basketball, which it seems like they are. With the medical school, they're going to have far greater resources than us.
They already are, the stadium renovation is over $300 mil. The good news for ISU is our facilities are in a great place so we don't need that kind of investment in the near future but Kansas is creeping and could become a consistent top 4ish team in the new Big 12.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

WISCY1895

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 25, 2009
Pretty good chance both 2025 big name legacy kids are not picking Iowa State. Curvey and Stinson. Is what it is.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
A few hawk-like responses. "We didn't want him anyway". That may be true, but he picked a rising program under a great coach that has our number so far. Good luck young man. Hopefully you do great except for one game a year.

I felt the same way. I hate seeing the “we didn’t want him” type posts. We should quit offering and recruiting guys we don’t want. It’s way easier that way

247cy

Nov 14, 2006
Spring Hill, KS
Transfer portal will still be a thing in 2026 or 2027, right? Good luck to young Curvey and Stinson, and we'll see you down the road.

• Optimistic
Reactions: cyputz