ISU moves up to #8

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
Minnesota down from 7 to 12
Nebraksa down from 8 to 10

Personally, I think we got the shaft/are victims of a "good ol' boy club" mentality.

Got lept over by UCLA - from 11 to 7, after the Bruins beat #4 Stanford and #14 Cal (they also have an 18-6 record with losses against unranked Cal St Fullerton and Long Beach State)

Oh well.. still an all time high water mark for ISU volleyball.

BTW - ISU is 19th in averge attendance on the season at 1830/match. That's 100 more per match than last year

Last edited:

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
UCLA had a great week, those are two big wins on the road. They deserve #7.
Considering we didn't have any kind of upset win last week, I think moving up to #8 is pretty good.
I don't get Nebraska falling to #10 - after all they lost at #2 Texas. Theoretically, the only team that should fall if losing to Texas would be #1 Penn State...

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
You can't lose and not move. That's just a given.

As for UCLA, those are big wins. But they also have some bad losses on the season. Maybe not "bad" losses, but ISU doesn't have any. Rankings are composites - not week to week.

Point being, if we were to beat NU and Texas this week, and UCLA were to beat somebody mediocre and somebody bad.. the name "ISU" doesn't leapfrog the name "UCLA". That's all I'm getting at.

Doesn't matter much. IMO, our ceiling for this week was that #7 spot, so we were going to be it or where we are.

Last edited: