ISU next years Duke?

egunzy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 16, 2008
Humeston, IA
I saw a thread titled that we could be next years Wisconsin. I think we could be next years Duke. I scanned through the postings and did not see anything so if I am posting something similar to another thread my apologies and please merge.

Let's look at a few parallels:

Duke last year - #3 seed - Disappointing 1st round loss

ISU this year - #3 seed - Well, crap, you all know what happened

Duke this year - Champs

ISU next year - ???????

There is still hope!

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Duke brought in 3 or 4 McD. All Americans. I would say we are more like Wisconsin. Experience on the floor but not as much talent as these blue bloods. There won't be any burger boys on our team like Duke has.

egunzy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 16, 2008
Humeston, IA
Good points and all true but I was just referring to the seed line we were both on when suffering disappointing and far to early 1st round losses with talented teams.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
ISU will be next year's ISU

Let's just leave it at that.

We don't seem to do well with high expectations (and when I saw WE, I mean us fans).

I'm thankful to be in a position that, year in and out, we can almost assume a top 20 team. Awesome place to be, enjoy it! But yes, we DO have the capability to beat anyone and could certainly position ourselves to be in contention. One game at a time.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I don't think we have a National Championship roster. Ask me after recruiting is done.

JimmyChitwood

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 3, 2015
Southern Iowa
As said earlier. Let's see what ISU has coming in for recruits and go from there. With out disappointing losses this season I tend to hold back on getting to hyped about next season. We'll be just fine though with a top 20 team and the potential to make a run at another conference title and possibly do some serious damage in the NCAA's

AMarner32

Jul 11, 2013
I saw a thread titled that we could be next years Wisconsin. I think we could be next years Duke. I scanned through the postings and did not see anything so if I am posting something similar to another thread my apologies and please merge.

Let's look at a few parallels:

Duke last year - #3 seed - Disappointing 1st round loss

ISU this year - #3 seed - Well, crap, you all know what happened

Duke this year - Champs

ISU next year - ???????

There is still hope!
First of all, that's one parallel, Not a few. Second, Baylor is in the exact same situation that you presented, so I'm not sure this is as crazy of a situation as you think.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I don't think we have a National Championship roster. Ask me after recruiting is done.

I think we have a roster that can win if we assume Cooke is a 40% shooter and Burton can fill Hogues role from a rebounding and defensive aspect. If you get a little improvement from Thomas and Nader like we should we have a team that can win. Not that they should or will, but they can. This years team could have.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I think we have a roster that can win if we assume Cooke is a 40% shooter and Burton can fill Hogues role from a rebounding and defensive aspect. If you get a little improvement from Thomas and Nader like we should we have a team that can win. Not that they should or will, but they can. This years team could have.
I don't think this year's team was good enough to win it all. Both Okafor or Frank would have destroyed us. Moot point now but I'm not sold on this team as a title contender until we have help inside.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Duke brought in three of the top twelve freshman (according to Rivals). The answer to your question is no.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009

This year team? Umm no.

Help Support Us

Become a patron