ISU NFL Talent

State2015

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 26, 2016
Long-time lurker here. It's been well documented how ISU has struggled placing talent in the NFL, particularly in the early portions of the draft. Anyone see a change to that on the current roster? I know Warren is a freak, but will he be big enough for the league grind? I know Lazard is a beast but is he quick enough for the league?

I'd love to think there's at least one 1st-2nd rounder on this team. Have to think that would give a huge bump to recruiting.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Long-time lurker here. It's been well documented how ISU has struggled placing talent in the NFL, particularly in the early portions of the draft. Anyone see a change to that on the current roster? I know Warren is a freak, but will he be big enough for the league grind? I know Lazard is a beast but is he quick enough for the league?

I'd love to think there's at least one 1st-2nd rounder on this team. Have to think that would give a huge bump to recruiting.
You would have to think that if Lazard continues to progress the next 2 years, he will be an earlier round guy. 1st or 2nd? maybe, but probably not. But he is still a very solid body with good hands and good intuition. A NFL team would love to have a guy like him on their team.

CyBlitz

May 9, 2016
I would list lazard, warren, cotton-moya, Tucker, Harvey, and wiltz as possible NFL prospects

Reactions: chadly82

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Depending on how he comes back from the injury, I could see Campos going. Guy has the potential to be a beast on the OL.

State2015

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 26, 2016
Depending on how he comes back from the injury, I could see Campos going. Guy has the potential to be a beast on the OL.

He's got the measurables and size for sure, but judging by his performance in his first 2 years, I'm not sure... Still has 2 years to prove something though

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Draft picks wise. Lazard, Campos, Peavy and Warren as the most likely draft picks with Cotton-Moya and Tucker as maybe.

• Agree
Reactions: srjclone

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
Someone listed Wiltz? He won't even get invited to a camp. I could see the following get a shot at the NFL...

Lazard
Warren
Cotton-Moya
Peavy
Netten if he has a good season
Campos maybe
Tucker
Harvey
Payne

And there are a lot of underclassmen that could have a shot but it's way to early to tell.

What about Ryen? He will be a much bigger part of the offense this year and could be a guy who teams love for their practice squad much like Josh Lenz.

State2015

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 26, 2016
Sleeper pick - Jhaustin Thomas. Outside of Tucker he might have the most natural ability of any returning defensive lineman. But right now it's all potential. I'm not sure he's even a starter against UNI.

I see a lot of similarities between him and David Irving. Physical freak, but might need some extra motivation to go 100%

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Sleeper pick - Jhaustin Thomas. Outside of Tucker he might have the most natural ability of any returning defensive lineman. But right now it's all potential. I'm not sure he's even a starter against UNI.
I think Eli Rasheed will help his development a lot, compared to what he did last year. He definitely has the size.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Lazard
Campos
JGJ
KCM
Peavy
Harvey
Tucker
Thomas
Lanning has the tools
Warren
Nwangwu
Montgomery

I think there are a few others that will get shots. I think Wiltz, Daley, Edwards, and a few others will get shots. We should also have Dunning and Burton if they hadn't been forced to give the game up.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Brandon

DodgerHawki

Apr 1, 2009
You would have to think that if Lazard continues to progress the next 2 years, he will be an earlier round guy. 1st or 2nd? maybe, but probably not. But he is still a very solid body with good hands and good intuition. A NFL team would love to have a guy like him on their team.

Lazard looks like an NFL player to me (not that it means anything). I suppose it will come down to how fast he times at the combine.

Warren is good. Very good. But the NFL has been de-valuing RB lately, and guys I thought would be draft picks for sure don't get selected, or get selected much later than I would have thought.

Reactions: Doc

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Someone listed Wiltz? He won't even get invited to a camp. I could see the following get a shot at the NFL...

Lazard
Warren
Cotton-Moya
Peavy
Netten if he has a good season
Campos maybe
Tucker
Harvey
Payne

And there are a lot of underclassmen that could have a shot but it's way to early to tell.

What about Ryen? He will be a much bigger part of the offense this year and could be a guy who teams love for their practice squad much like Josh Lenz.

I don't think Ryen is as polished as Lenz was when he came out. At the end of the day I think Ryen is the sterotypical college slot guy who works on speed but for a guy his size to make it, he has to be super polished in in the small areas of the game like route running and I just don't know that we've seen it yet.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Lazard looks like an NFL player to me (not that it means anything). I suppose it will come down to how fast he times at the combine.

Warren is good. Very good. But the NFL has been de-valuing RB lately, and guys I thought would be draft picks for sure don't get selected, or get selected much later than I would have thought.

I'd actually say that Lazard can only help his status with a fast time. I don't think anyone will care if he throws up a mediocre time. Speed isn't his game and people know that.

CyBlitz

May 9, 2016
I am not sure if peavy is large enough to play in the NFL, which is a shame cause of his talent. As for some of the younger guys I am waiting to see them play at least a season before I think they are NFL caliber

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest

Warren seems a bit small for what you usually see in an NFL back. Having said that, if he gets a couple 2000 yard seasons in, someone will give him a sniff. If not, then he has that life-long Canadian league feel to him.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron