ISU paint colors

cycopath25

Sep 8, 2006
(307)
My wife has granted me permission to paint my man cave and I am trying to go ISU colors. Has anyone else done this and if so do you have to color codes for the correct shades? My painter uses Sherwin Williams so I am looking for those paint color codes.

Also would you do 3 walls cardinal 1 wall gold or 3 walls gold 1 wall cardinal?
I'm leaning towards 3 cardinal 1 gold and putting tv on the gold wall.

Last edited:

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
My wife has granted me permission to paint my main cave and I am trying to go ISU colors. Has anyone else done this and if so do you have to color codes for the correct shades? My painter uses Sherwin Williams so I am looking for those paint color codes.

matt campbell likes black and black is a school color now. do black

Cdiedrick

Jun 26, 2014
My wife has granted me permission to paint my man cave and I am trying to go ISU colors. Has anyone else done this and if so do you have to color codes for the correct shades? My painter uses Sherwin Williams so I am looking for those paint color codes.

I would break it up a bit vs solid colors on a wall. Put a Gold wide stripe or something like that on the cardinal wall. Trust me, I did this at a previous house.

cycopath25

Sep 8, 2006
(307)
I would break it up a bit vs solid colors on a wall. Put a Gold wide stripe or something like that on the cardinal wall. Trust me, I did this at a previous house.

I like that idea. I'm now thinking all cardinal room with a like a 2 foot wide horizontal stripe around the whole room. We are contracting the painting out so have to see what my guys says.

• Agree
Reactions: Cdiedrick

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I like that idea. I'm now thinking all cardinal room with a like a 2 foot wide horizontal stripe around the whole room. We are contracting the painting out so have to see what my guys says.
Make sure you take into account how much darker the room will appear with a heavy color like cardinal on all 4 walls. We painted just one accent wall a cardinal red in our entryway and it really darkened things up. We really liked it but I'm glad we didn't paint the whole area like that because it would have been just too dark.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I'm guessing the folks at SW already know. Just ask them.

Reactions: aauummm

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
This document is from 2007 following the athletic department's new logos and color scheme, which shifted slightly from the university color palette that you see on the university's brand marketing site. It has color codes so you don't have to guess on shades of paint.

There's also a 2010 version of this document but it's too large for me to upload. Some of the logos changed in that time but the color codes remained the same.

Unfortunately I can't find a more updated version of this.

Attachments

• 2007-ISU-Athletics-Visual-Identity.pdf
    624.3 KB · Views: 31
Reactions: Pat

cdnlngld

Feb 24, 2012
Ames, IA
Do some on-site investigation! Go to Lowes, get some samples, and catch a game at Hilton, and put the samples against the painted walls, to find a match.

Reactions: NWICY

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Pretty sure Home Depot has all the teams colors already. I did this when I painted my man cave Hawk colors and it turned out great.

• Funny
Reactions: TOFB4ISU

amestoplease

Jan 30, 2012
This document is from 2007 following the athletic department's new logos and color scheme, which shifted slightly from the university color palette that you see on the university's brand marketing site. It has color codes so you don't have to guess on shades of paint.

There's also a 2010 version of this document but it's too large for me to upload. Some of the logos changed in that time but the color codes remained the same.

Unfortunately I can't find a more updated version of this.

the colors have remained the same in the newest style guide...still Pantone202, 187, and 123.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Pretty sure Home Depot has all the teams colors already. I did this when I painted my man cave Hawk colors and it turned out great.
tenor.gif