ISU schedules Missouri in basketball Home and home '17 & '18

MilehighClone

Sep 14, 2007
A lot of rumors that Fred is going to be pursued for the Mizzou job. Highly unlikely Fred will jump unless fired but wouldn't that be something to see Fred on the opposing sideline at Hilton.

GT25Ump

Oct 24, 2009
Sioux City, Iowa
A lot of rumors that Fred is going to be pursued for the Mizzou job. Highly unlikely Fred will jump unless fired but wouldn't that be something to see Fred on the opposing sideline at Hilton.

"A lot of rumors"? Proof please! And if there's a lesser possibility than "highly unlikely", I'll put my money on that. If/when he gets dumped as head coach, he'll go back into an NBA front office, somewhere, before wandering back to the college ranks.

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
Never say never. He learned from Johnny Orr. (but it is highly unlikely)

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola

No there are not "a lot". There are zero rumors in the KC market on this, and the job opening has been a huge talking point this week.

Most down here think it will be Tom Crean, and if Indiana doesn't fire Crean, Cuonzo Martin.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
I've listened to some KC radio this week, and have found out Mizzou fans are way too high on the program. I've heard Scott Drew, Greg Marshall, Tom Cream, and the Butler coach. All those, even the Butler coach, would be taking a step down.

Mizzou is a bad team, in a bad conference. They once had some tradition, but that's gone. The new coach is going to be starting from scratch. I think they're gunna have to go mid major route. Illinois St coach, or if they're really lucky, maybe Ben Jacobson decides to make the jump.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I've listened to some KC radio this week, and have found out Mizzou fans are way too high on the program. I've heard Scott Drew, Greg Marshall, Tom Cream, and the Butler coach. All those, even the Butler coach, would be taking a step down.

Mizzou is a bad team, in a bad conference. They once had some tradition, but that's gone. The new coach is going to be starting from scratch. I think they're gunna have to go mid major route. Illinois St coach, or if they're really lucky, maybe Ben Jacobson decides to make the jump.

Ben Jacobson? Only if he wants to retire in a few years. That program is a cess pool.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
Thanks for the reminder. I miss beating the **** out of Missouri every year.

Uhh Mizzou leads the series 149-84, including the previous 9 games. In fact, Mizzou's record against ISU is the best record they have all time against any opponent.

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
Uhh Mizzou leads the series 149-84, including the previous 9 games. In fact, Mizzou's record against ISU is the best record they have all time against any opponent.

Johnny beat them when they were top 5 in Hilton though. That game was a "dinger".

D

Deleted member 8507

Potentially could miss the ISU game with it being the season opener.

At Iowa that means he has to run an extra sprint at practice but doesn't have to miss any game time.

Help Support Us

Become a patron