ISU/Stanford Game Thread

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
One hell of a year. I'm proud to be a supporter of the Twister Sisters. Stanford is a great program and we're clearly the better team.
Hard to be happy now, but if you would have told me when the brakets came out that we'd be an Elite8 team I would have laughed in your face. Great run, great season, and the best part is we have areas in the future that can be improved on.

THANK YOUR SENIORS! YOU HAVE MADE CYCLONE NATION PROUD! Even my 8th grade students in Texas were watching this game and are now fans! It is that kind of respect that you hear Bill Fenely speak of. You make me proud to be an ISU alum and a CYCLONE FAN FOR LIFE!

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
I'd like to think that we really aren't that much worse of a team than Stanford, but tonight doesn't bear me out.

ISU went about as far as, or perhaps even a game farther than a 3-pt shooting team can go. The "next step" requires an Appel/Paris-type. Maybe Anna Prinz is that player...

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I'm honored to be a fan of ISU women's basketball. Players who come here know what they're in for, and part of that is an everlovin' fan base. Although the final game or record might not be what we all want, our team wins with humility and loses with dignity, and that's much more than can be said about some other teams. Thanks to the seniors for making the year the best yet!

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
THANK YOUR SENIORS! YOU HAVE MADE CYCLONE NATION PROUD! Even my 8th grade students in Texas were watching this game and are now fans! It is that kind of respect that you hear Bill Fenely speak of. You make me proud to be an ISU alum and a CYCLONE FAN FOR LIFE!

Bad props for butchering Fennelly's name.

Mad props for bringing in more fans :yes:

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
How good are we supposed to be next year with all of the important seniors we are losing?

From what I've read and heard from others, battling for top half of the conference. Expecting freshman to walk in and contribute significantly down low with Nicky, Joc, T, and Nisleit all leaving is a lot to ask. Our guards should be fine.

fccy

Dec 31, 2008
Forest City
How good are we supposed to be next year with all of the important seniors we are losing?

3 Areas to look for:

1) PG - Will Whit or Alexis be able to take over, allowing Aus to slide to 2/3 spot?

2) The ability of Prins to come in and play some meaningful minutes

3) As some of us has discussed earlier this year, Nis was very comfortable with doing the dirty work (taking charges, etc). Will we have someone willing to do some of that dirty work next year?

There are, of course, other areas that other people may believe are just as, if not, more important.

Reactions: gocubs2118

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
We have some talent coming in with Prins and Zimmerman leading the way. It will take awhile for it all to gel, so hopefully Bill doesn't schedule any Stanford's for next November and December. Those two along with Arlen will provide as much or mor inside presence almost from the start. Bolte is going to need to become more assertive, and someone is going to have to step up and replace Ezell (Williams most likely).

Things will continue to grow, but I won't forget this year's seniors anytime soon.

Reactions: gocubs2118

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
LOL, I think it's fair to say everyone on these forums no I can't spell to save my life :biglaugh: My bad!
I think you mean "know". My gosh, you are a teacher! Do you teach spelling? :smile: