ISU Student and Champion Golfer Celia Barquin Arozamena Murdered at Coldwater Golf Course

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Read the article.

"It is suspicious, and we think the public should be very wary right now."

It's a homicide, yo.

Ok, maybe not a homicide...but it isn't just a homie passed out looking for their ball.

Obviously need to check out those who found the body first since it seems the circumstances of finding the body itself are weird.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Read the article.

It's a homicide, yo.

Ok, maybe not a homicide...but it isn't just a homie passed out looking for their ball.

That wasn't in there before.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Read the article.

It's a homicide, yo.

Obviously need to check out person who found the body...weird how they found a missing cart and then miraculously found a body near a pond that wasn't near the cart.
They clearly exceeded their allowed five minutes if they died looking for their ball.

Reactions: octaviouspoon

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Why would the foursome call the police because there was a golf bag around it and no one around to claim it?

I think there's a good chance KCCI doesn't have the entire story yet. The cops may be witholding some information they think is valuable.

• Winner
Reactions: 1100011CS

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
The KCCI news item has three different things, and the general public reader won't make the distinction of who said what. Italics are mine.

The Ames Police Department said officers were called to the golf course around 10:24 a.m. after golfers reported a golf bag on the course with nobody around it. (nobody around the golf bag or the course?)

Police said the person was located “some distance away” and that their death is considered suspicious.

A witness told KCCI their foursome found an abandoned walking cart on a fairway. (Witness to what? Was it a walking cart or bag?)
Course staff reportedly found a female body in a lake near the ninth hole. (Who said this?- What does "reportedly" mean?)

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
The KCCI news item has three different things, and the general public reader won't make the distinction of who said what. Italics are mine.

The Ames Police Department said officers were called to the golf course around 10:24 a.m. after golfers reported a golf bag on the course with nobody around it. (nobody around the golf bag or the course?)

Police said the person was located “some distance away” and that their death is considered suspicious.

A witness told KCCI their foursome found an abandoned walking cart on a fairway. (Witness to what? Was it a walking cart or bag?)
Course staff reportedly found a female body in a lake near the ninth hole. (Who said this?- What does "reportedly" mean?)

WHO >>>> KCCI

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I'll definitely say they're acting like this is a murder investigation. ISU Police just sent out an email with general tips about how to stay safe, changing patterns, stay with friends, avoid secluded areas, etc.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
Read the article.

It's a homicide, yo.

Obviously need to check out those who found the body first since it seems the circumstances of finding the body itself are weird.

No reason for the public to be wary unless homicide is a distinct possibility.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
I'll definitely say they're acting like this is a murder investigation. ISU Police just sent out an email with general tips about how to stay safe, changing patterns, stay with friends, avoid secluded areas, etc.
That is bizarre.

My biggest question is if this is a confirmed golfer for that day and if he/she (she right?) was alone. Just a very strange situation.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Some speculation she was on the golf team. Not sure if that means Iowa State or a high school team just what I heard second hand

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Some speculation she was on the golf team. Not sure if that means Iowa State or a high school team just what I heard second hand

I wondered about this. A woman alone walking in the morning just isn't something you see a lot.

They may be out of town but I'm sure not everyone travels. That said, it's speculation and I don't know anything.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
IIRC, to get from 8 to 9 you have to cross the bike path that goes through the middle of the course. Likely someone on the path had something to do with this if it happened on the 9th the.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron