ISU / Tech game thread

NittanyCy

Mar 19, 2006
How was there nothing setup for a shot after we had taken a timeout and GMac brought over the two guards after the foul? Just a horrendous ending.

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
Did we have any time outs left?

mcintosh looked bewildered to get the ball, at least chuck it up

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
Cold spell in the middle of the 2nd half spelled the doom for this game. Overall, we played hard and for the most part well. Jackson made some really tough shots when they needed them. Disappointing, but should leave them hungry for next year.

well said. But it still hurts

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
They had 2 guys on Taylor as he crossed half court. Not much we could have done given the situation. There was no way Taylor was going to get a shot up and so he had no choice but to pass at that point and it allowed time to expire. Sucks, but it was excellent defense by Tech at the end.

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
Because of that pathetic situation we now have to play Oklahoma and if we are lucky enough to win that game, Kansas. That loss guarantees a losing season if we can't beat oklahoma. If we do beat OU we are .500 at best. Goodbye NIT.

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
excellent game by all the bigs.

Taylor had some nice assists, but dribbling off the foot and his other 7 turnovers really kill us.

It seemed like we played too well to lose this. Hope we show up like this in the big 12 tourney.

HOTDON

Mar 24, 2006
Fort Dodge, IA
They had 2 guys on Taylor as he crossed half court. Not much we could have done given the situation. There was no way Taylor was going to get a shot up and so he had no choice but to pass at that point and it allowed time to expire. Sucks, but it was excellent defense by Tech at the end.

They certainly wouldn't risk fouling him and putting him on the line with 3 free throws.

BigM

Mar 2, 2007
Amesterdam
Why Must god punish us like this first the Kansas@ISU S*** Reffing and now this :->>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I was not too impressed by the refs - it looked like TT had that advantage. IMO, we lost a game we could have won.

mike4cy

Aug 4, 2006
Urbandale
Refs were beyond pathetic. I thought overall we played a pretty solid game, except for the stretch that we didn't score for like 5 minutes, but Tech is a solid ball club. Mike Taylor was dropping some major dimes, made some really stupid turnovers too and bad choice at the end...but he played alright.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Watching on TV, the only call I thought was crap was the "blocking" foul on Clark at about the 3 min mark with Jackson clearly charging IMO. I took advantage of Tivo on most every "controversial" call and that was the only one I believe was clearly missed.

HOTDON

Mar 24, 2006
Fort Dodge, IA
This feels just like the FB loss at Kansas last season. It seemed the stars were aligning for us. All of the pieces had fallen into place and the Big 12 North title was within grasp. The only thing that failed was us.

All of the other things we needed to have happen today for a 6th place finish and a shot at the NIT happened.....except us winning.

The sports gods love to break our hearts.

StLouisClone

Apr 16, 2006
St. Louis
I was not too impressed by the refs - it looked like TT had that advantage. IMO, we lost a game we could have won.

There must have been at least 6 block/charge calls tonight, and every one of them went Tech's way. The block against Clark with about two minutes left in the game really hurt. Tech got two free throws out of it.

I liked the way ISU hung in there at the end. Too bad we couldn't get a shot off. I'd like to see the ball in someone other than Taylor's hands at the end of the game.

DareDevil

Nov 27, 2006
Muscatine
I just got back from the game, I have to questions: 1 what was the conference call at the refs table all about and 2 Has there been a boo louder than tonight

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
This feels just like the FB loss at Kansas last season. It seemed the stars were aligning for us. All of the pieces had fallen into place and the Big 12 North title was within grasp. The only thing that failed was us.

All of the other things we needed to have happen today for a 6th place finish and a shot at the NIT happened.....except us winning.

The sports gods love to break our hearts.

Certainly not as much significance with this game as the FB game, but it did seem like the stars were aligning for us today. I can see the analogy.

mike4cy

Aug 4, 2006
Urbandale
This was a tough one, not as bad as the KU loss though. My heart just re-broke a little thinking about it....

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
Watching on TV, the only call I thought was crap was the "blocking" foul on Clark at about the 3 min mark with Jackson clearly charging IMO.

Agreed; it's an unfortunate fact that a senior with JJacks credentials is going to get that call. :sad9cd: Clark was in position for a day and a half!

The other play down the stretch that left me seething was when Mike T. got loose with the ball, got picked and let the freshman (white kid) have an uncontested lay-up. C'mon Mike; you're twice as fast as that guy so either run him off or block the shot! DO NOT stand by and let him lay it in...