ISU vs. Drexel (Lineups and Predictions)

SimpsonCyclone

Jul 20, 2011
Iowa
Drexel
125:
Zack Fuentes/Tanner Shoap
133: Austin DeSanto
141: Julian Flores/Chandler Olson
149: Nick Widmann /Trevor Elfvin
157: Evan Barczak
165: Ebed Jarrell
174: Austin Rose
184: Owen Brooks
197: Stephen Loiseau
285: Sean O'Malley/ Vincenzo Pelusi

Iowa State
125:
Jakob Allison (Johnathan Marmolejo - suspended)
133: Ian Parker/Markus Simmons
141: Kanen Storr
149: Gavin DeWitt (Jarrett Degen - injured) (Dante Rodriguez - suspended)
157: Chase Straw/Colston DiBlasi
165: ?? Are Breitenbach and St John still injured?
174: ?? Coleman is our best wrestler here but he is most definitely redshirting
184: Dane Pestano
197: Samuel Colbray
285: Marcus Harrington

Predictions
125:
Fuentes
133: Toss Up (This will a FUN match to watch)
141: Storr
149: DeWitt
157: Straw
165: Jarrell (I don't know who we are rolling out there)
174: Rose (I don't know who we are rolling out there)
184: Pestano
197: Colbray
285: Harrington

ISU 23-12

Last edited:
Reactions: 1100011CS

cyclonenation5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 12, 2013
Ames
DeSanto is a stud. Will be fun to see if Parker can slow him down. Ian has looked really tough so far.

Do we know that Degen won't wrestle Sunday? I know he was hurt for the Cyclone Open, but didn't know if anything more came out about his injury.

Not that the lower weights are set in stone and a bunch of world-beaters, but from 165 up there are a lot of questions that I hope can begin to be answered in this dual.

SimpsonCyclone

Jul 20, 2011
Iowa
DeSanto is a stud. Will be fun to see if Parker can slow him down. Ian has looked really tough so far.

Do we know that Degen won't wrestle Sunday? I know he was hurt for the Cyclone Open, but didn't know if anything more came out about his injury.

Not that the lower weights are set in stone and a bunch of world-beaters, but from 165 up there are a lot of questions that I hope can begin to be answered in this dual.

Desanto and Parker will be action packed that's for sure. I think Dresser said at media day that he would be out for a few weeks with a rib injury..i doubt he's ready..plus Dewitt one the cyclone open and he deserves to be in the lineup on Sunday at least. I imagine Degen will be the starter by year's end.

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
125- Shoap/Fuentes MAJ Allison
133- Parker DEC Desanto (this is going to be awesome)
141- Storr WBF Flores/Olson
149- Dewitt DEC Elfvin/Widmann (Dewitt one of my new favorites after last weekend)
157- Straw MAJ Barczak
165- Jarrell DEC Breitenbach/St John (actually think Logan could pull it off but not sure what his status is so had to pick against him)
174- Rose MAJ Entzel
184- Pestano DEC Brooks
197- Loiseau DEC Colbray (prove me wrong Sammy pleeeeeease prove me wrong)
285- Harrington WBF O'Malley (think we'll see a whole new Marcus going up a class)

ISU 25 DU 14

SimpsonCyclone

Jul 20, 2011
Iowa
I don’t know, but DeSanto is the kid who beat Spencer Lee in the PA state finals last year. Granted, Lee was wrestling on a bum leg, but that’s still impressive.
He also did a ton of other super impressive things other than beat Spencer Lee - He also straight up embarrassed Justin Mejia (a top ranked, 4x state champ from Cali - committed to Iowa, flipped to Illinois, back to Iowa, now I don't think he is anywhere?)

See below:

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
I don’t know, but DeSanto is the kid who beat Spencer Lee in the PA state finals last year. Granted, Lee was wrestling on a bum leg, but that’s still impressive.
Then he majored Justin Mejia at the Pitt Classic. Desanto is a stud but so is Parker. Going to be a damn good match that will come down to the wire imo.

• Agree
Reactions: SimpsonCyclone

RossIAwrestle

Mar 27, 2014
He also did a ton of other super impressive things other than beat Spencer Lee - He also straight up embarrassed Justin Mejia (a top ranked, 4x state champ from Cali - committed to Iowa, flipped to Illinois, back to Iowa, now I don't think he is anywhere?)

See below:

RE Mejia: Gray shirting at Illinois. Pretty sure he is living with IMar.A little ironic because I am pretty sure, but not 100% positive, the whole reason the Iowa verbal fell apart (the second time) was because he didn't want to gray shirt.

There was a little more to that story, but that was one of the sticking points that led him back to Illinois (again).

• Informative
Reactions: SimpsonCyclone

isit

Feb 9, 2014
Nervous at Hilton. Staring at the curtain. Fear we've been duped.

Attachments

• IMG_4534.JPG
    IMG_4534.JPG
    514.7 KB · Views: 34