*** ISU vs NC Central***

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
Who: Iowa State vs. North Carolina Central
Where: Hilton Coliseum, Ames, Iowa
When: Sunday, Dec. 10 at Noon
Projected Starting Lineup: Bridget Carleton, Madison Wise, Adriana Camber, Bride Kennedy-Hopoate, Emily Durr
Radio: Cyclone Radio Network/Learfield
Talent: Rich Fellingham (PxP); Molly Parrott (color)
TV: Cyclones.tv

This is the first of three "get well" games that we should win and will have an opportunity to work on our record, our game and on our psyche, if necessary, before conference play.

Their new coach is not new to major college ball. She was an assistant at UCLA, North Carolina and Duke before joining the HC ranks at Concordia where she won a conference championship. She is prized as a recruiter - that takes time. NC Central, rpi 338, averages 61 and gives up 77 ppg. They average 20 turnovers. Martin 5'5" jr. guard is the only player to have started all seven games - 15.7 ppg. Calhoun 5'10" jr. guard is only other player in double digits at 10 ppg. Thompson is tallest regular at 6'1" plays 15 minutes averages 3 pts and 4 boards.

• Agree
Reactions: ISC

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Good, Molly on the broadcast for a touch of objectivity and insight. :) That Cooper guy paired with Rich for Iowa was embarrassing.

And Rich won't be be going full Rich since this is a cupcake game. :rolleyes:

Saw a little of the OSU game yesterday where they kinda mopped up on #7 UCLA. Jensen for OSU is still a load in the post with 19 and 15 but lord is she slow getting up and down the court. I'd swear she was the 10th person up court on every possession other than on made baskets.

Reactions: Tornado man

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Rushed ugly 3s forced up by the Clones in the first.

Sluggish start for the team.

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Mere with a good game so far off the bench, she's out scored NCCU so far.

• Agree
Reactions: ISC

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
49-22 Cyclones at the half.
Forced threes early on, things finally started clicking when Mere came in and they started feeding her.

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
40 point game going into the 4th.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Probably because she's actually played basketball on the high school and college level. And coached.

I like that she maintains a reasonable level of objectivity as a Cyclone broadcaster and can point out mistakes, for both teams, without coming off as a second guesser. She has a nice light touch doing the analysis. Don't care for the guys that talk too much and want to play "coach".

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
I'm sure CBF was looking for progress in certain areas. 29 assists on 39 made shots - best stat from my perspective. Also, 9/11 from Burkhall and 7/10 for Scott. Two more games to get repetitions doing that will help down the stretch. My half-full mentality reminds me we're a couple of possessions in four games away from being 8-1.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron