ISU vs Ohio Confidence Poll

Confidence

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I looked briefly at the SDST and FAU games.

SDSt
only had 10 total possessions and 65 total plays (incl FG and punts). 10 drives => 2 FG, 2 TD, 3 punts, a fumble, a missed FG, and then ran the clock basically out. They ran for 5 ypc.

FAU
ran it only 12 times, but had Casey Thompson (yes that one) throw it 43 times!
that got them 3 sacks, 2 picks
FAU did run it well and effectively vs Monmouth in week 1, whatever a Monmouth is.

I would guess ISU will have a bit more success than SDSt - bigger and faster but similar style. I don't see ISU going 80% pass to 20% run ratio like FAU. Take road game into account, ISU gets 23-24 points?

Defense should hold them to less than that. ISU by 6-7, unless they get a pick 6 or something. This is not a terrible Ohio team, and they are playing their first home game. ISU is bigger, faster, better, but this is not a "show up and win" game. Gotta play a "B" game at least.
Yeah I agree we can't just waltz in there and win but I don't think this team will lay an egg here. I think our defense is stout, and I think our offense will be fine. 34-17 Cyclones and they score a late TD to make it 17.

Last edited:
Reactions: CascadeClone

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
It irriates me that we even need to have a poll on if we'll beat a MAC school or not
We don't need a poll. People are overreacting, including Vegas. We just lost to the 25th best team in the nation. I think Iowa will flux in and out of the rankings all year, as they should with that horrible schedule. Either way, we played pretty decent but you usually have to play perfect to beat Iowa, especially in that game. Some people on here are acting like we just lost to UNI.

I'm looking forward to the team bouncing back this week.

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
Defense should hold them to less than that. ISU by 6-7, unless they get a pick 6 or something. This is not a terrible Ohio team, and they are playing their first home game. ISU is bigger, faster, better, but this is not a "show up and win" game. Gotta play a "B" game at least.
Ohio's game vs. the Long Island Sharks was a home game for them, FWIW.

• Informative

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I am pretty heavily invested in Iowa State at -2.5. Campbell's track record in the game immediately following Cy-Hawk week is pretty good. Usually a throttling against a team like Ohio. Good MAC team, bad MAC team, shouldn't make too much of a difference. I expect Iowa State to struggle a bit on offense. Maybe not struggle, but just be slow, methodical, frustrating etc. Ohio defense has put up good numbers but against the sisters of the blind and poor. It won't be their defense that is the main culprit of our offense not putting up huge numbers IMO. I just think our offense is very limited and will be all season. But I do think we put the clamps on them early and often, similar to UNI and similar to our game vs them last season.

Iowa State wins, something like 27-10

Reactions: khardbored

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
Long Island Sharks sounds like an 8 year old hockey team who got to pick their name.
"hey guys! looks at this cool picture I found!"
smiling-shark-cartoon-mascot-character-with-sunglasses.jpg

ISU_Guy

Jul 21, 2021
Des Moines
I will say this is about 60-65% in favor for ISU for me. Until I see them actually move the ball consistantly and score, I am going to be critical.
We have like 500 yards of offense in two games.

We should win, but its the first road game, so who knows what will happen.

we lose.... then open then open the floodgates of hell for the rest of the season IMO.
we win, (leaving no doubt) then we all are looking at that OSU game like we can seize an opportunity.

Reactions: Statefan10

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Ohio’s quarterback is very good. It will be a test we will pass.
Agree. Very good QBs become very average when you make them move around and no one is open. He will be under more duress than usual. Hope to see some sacks, pressures, and picks. Maybe have the Orange Crush bury him a couple times.

That said, I think he will hit some too. Have to be resilient if they hit a bomb or someone slips a tackle and scores.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron