ISU vs. Omaha

Sobchakcyclone

Feb 8, 2010
Bowling Alley
Anybody watching this? We've won the first two sets, but it was very close in the second, 26-16, 25-23.

We're not playing Schaben, and many of the starters saw limited action in the 2nd set. Miranda came in late in the first set and played really well.

It's funny, too. The announcers keep leaving the mic open after play stops. Asked how he's doing after the first set, "I'm pretty bad", or something like that. Pretty funny.

Lots of our players are seeing time. That's good and bad IMO. Not sure if anybody hasn't played?

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Kiel and Miranda impressive in their debuts.

And yes, no redshirts this year. I had wondered if Kiel would considering we have a few at OH already but no.

We play Nebraska tomorrow evening which is almost certainly why Schaben has been unseen. Good chance tonight to try some different lineups and rest the starters a bit.

And as I type this we get the third set and the sweep.

Sobchakcyclone

Feb 8, 2010
Bowling Alley
We win the 3rd set 26-24. I'm not sure how to feel about this. Coach is friends with their coach, but do we really need to look this bad? Harris was all over the place, and there wasn't any continuity. I don't know what we gain by playing this match this way? They played their starters, and took it serious. Us, not so much.

Morgan will be the player to suffer if Miranda starts playing. Miranda looked good in receive and back row, plus served tough. Morgan put two into the net after timeouts.

Starters or subs, we have no block, none, period. It is bad, and teams are going to light us up for it. They were a team of small hitters, and we couldn't put a hand on the ball. That's scary.

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
We win the 3rd set 26-24. I'm not sure how to feel about this. Coach is friends with their coach, but do we really need to look this bad? Harris was all over the place, and there wasn't any continuity. I don't know what we gain by playing this match this way? They played their starters, and took it serious. Us, not so much.

Morgan will be the player to suffer if Miranda starts playing. Miranda looked good in receive and back row, plus served tough. Morgan put two into the net after timeouts.

Starters or subs, we have no block, none, period. It is bad, and teams are going to light us up for it. They were a team of small hitters, and we couldn't put a hand on the ball. That's scary.

Not sure why you're griping about a straight set win with back-ups (for now) who deserve the chance to play, when possible.

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
meanwhile, getting swept by Nebraska. Not a lot to talk about there.

Yep, they were close to being non-competitive tonight. ISU was helped by 13 NU service errors or else it would have been even worse. I know that NU is very good but to be that non-competitive is troubling.

Sobchakcyclone

Feb 8, 2010
Bowling Alley
Yep, they were close to being non-competitive tonight. ISU was helped by 13 NU service errors or else it would have been even worse. I know that NU is very good but to be that non-competitive is troubling.

That's why it might be important to play your starters longer at UNO, instead of just letting them watch. There wasn't any continuity, and things were just all over the place. That's what practice is for, IMO. Get some confidence and look sharp, instead of struggling with a team that just went D-1.

I get Schaben needing rest on her shoulder, but that's worrisome, too. It's a long season.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron