*** ISU vs OU ***

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
The fans that did show up saw a heck of a game. OU goes up big early, then ISU comes back hitting every 3 in sight to take a lead only to lose it but all the seniors stepped up huge down the stretch. Love beating Sherri and the sooners. This game took on an even greater satisfaction as I sit behind on the visitor's bench. After the BS off. foul on Kidd, 3-4 college aged males in the OU fan section turned around and were giving ISU fans ****. So glad those *-***'s left unhappy.

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
The fans that did show up saw a heck of a game. OU goes up big early, then ISU comes back hitting every 3 in sight to take a lead only to lose it but all the seniors stepped up huge down the stretch. Love beating Sherri and the sooners. This game took on an even greater satisfaction as I sit behind on the visitor's bench. After the BS off. foul on Kidd, 3-4 college aged males in the OU fan section turned around and were giving ISU fans ****. So glad those *-***'s left unhappy.

Those were likely Ortiz family. They rented a charter bus to come to the game.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Great game tonite glad we won but it would have qualified as entertaining no matter how it ended. Does anyone know the band on the Dutch girls highlight video? And yes Sherri has held up well over time.

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
Great win. We don't see many games, glad we saw this one. Our zone too often left an open shooter, thus 14 3's. Man D was very effective. Keep this up and we're in.

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
I was particularly happy to see OU go home as losers (beyond the normal for them). While I actually like Sherri, I HATE her teams/fans. Their bench should have been called for multiple technical fouls throughout the game. There was a student manager and some short girl with a mop on her head who stood for nearly the entire game. Finally, in the 2nd half, a ref motioned they needed to sit down. Ridiculous that it took that long to even say something to them. I also hate their running all the way to half-court to hi-5 teammates when a time-out is called. As for their fans, I hope they spent a LOT of money on that charter bus. This was a loss they richly deserved.

As for ISU, the seniors played a fantastic game. Brynn ties a career high in points, Nikki was over 20 points, Fallon had a career high in rebounds. OU's tight defense paid off (for us) by the end when they lose three offensive threats. While we were able to step up in OT, a big part of that was they had few reliable shot makers left of the floor. Time will tell if this team continues to play with this fire, but I hope they learned something last night. They really can play with just about anyone when they want to.

Last edited:

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Another subplot for tonight, nice little PG recruit in town. She'd be a huge get for next year. Laura Cornelius, International PG from Netherlands.

[video=youtube_share;MLem_eids88]http://youtu.be/MLem_eids88[/video]

Nothing but layups, threes, assists and steals. Even Fred would love this gal.

kcdc4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2009
west of dm east of cb
I was particularly happy to OU go home as losers (beyond the normal for them). While I actually like Sherri, I HATE her teams/fans. Their bench should have been called for multiple technical fouls throughout the game. There was a student manager and some short girl with a mop on her head who stood for nearly the entire game. Finally, in the 2nd half, a ref motioned they needed to sit down. Ridiculous that it took that long to even say something to them. I also hate their running all the way to half-court to hi-5 teammates when a time-out is called. As for their fans, I hope they spent a LOT of money on that charter bus. This was a loss they richly deserved.

As for ISU, the seniors played a fantastic game. Brynn ties a career high in points, Nikki was over 20 points, Fallon had a career high in rebounds. OU's tight defense paid off (for us) by the end when they lose three offensive threats. While we were able to step up in OT, a big part of that was they had few reliable shot makers left of the floor. Time will tell if this team continues to play with this fire, but I hope they learned something last night. They really can play with just about anyone when they want to.

Agree with all you comments and the bolded one is the most important point.