*** ISU vs WVU ***

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Miss layups: lose
Make layups: win

No margin for error. Every missed shot inside of 5 feet is magnified.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
unreal how this team can't capitalize on some success, this loss discounts everything earned with the OU win. 3 games left 2-1 to get to 9-9 is still doable but I don't see it happening.

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
unreal how this team can't capitalize on some success, this loss discounts everything earned with the OU win. 3 games left 2-1 to get to 9-9 is still doable but I don't see it happening.

Tech becomes must-win, as does the road game at Blue KSU if this team is to get to .500. I think we can assume the Baylor game will not be pretty to watch. So many blown chances this season with sloppy play, poor shot selection, and a lack of fire.

I wish we had another year with Ellis. She may be undersized for her position, but she makes up for that in effort and confidence. I hope Fernstrom has been paying attention to Fallon because she needs to learn a lot if she's going to get better (which I believe she will, if she wants to). 6'5" only gets you so far when you're up against experience.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Yes, lots of lost opportunities. This team could easily be sitting on 3 losses on the season. Still comes back to chemistry and seniors getting it done. Somehow the light switch just doesn't stay on.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
I just wonder why the coaches don't believe in a low-post presence from the center position. Fernstrom instead is outside jacking up 3's (going 0-4 and her season stats aren't much better) and gets only 2 rebounds. Maybe run an offense that the players can succeed in?

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
I just wonder why the coaches don't believe in a low-post presence from the center position. Fernstrom instead is outside jacking up 3's (going 0-4 and her season stats aren't much better) and gets only 2 rebounds. Maybe run an offense that the players can succeed in?

Maybe it's time to find an assistant who can coach and develop our post players.