ISU WBB @ Baylor

cyclone5435

Mar 6, 2010
Baylor is a great team with great players all around the floor who play suffocating defense, especially Sims. I'm just trying to say that when your floor leader can't distribute the ball like she is used to and needs to, end result isn't going to be pretty.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
good thing thre are only 27 people there baylor is pathetic if isu women were #1 hilton would be sold out every game.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
I know Baylor is number 1, and Griner is incredible.......but still disappointed. It just did not look to me like ISU was prepared at all. Just my humble opinion......but it did not look good.

BaylorGuy314

Oct 12, 2008
good thing thre are only 27 people there baylor is pathetic if isu women were #1 hilton would be sold out every game.

No offense but that's a misguided statement. Baylor is consistently in the Top 10 in the nation in WBB attendance.

Keep in mind, Baylor has half the enrollment of ISU (15,000 vs 31,000) and half the living alumni (120,000 vs 220,000). Waco is a city of about 125,000 people while ISU is 30 minutes from Des Moines with half a million people. The two largest concentrations of Baylor alumni are in Dallas and Houston, the former 1.5-2 hours away and the latter at 3+ hours away. That would be similar to ISU's biggest alumni bases being in Omaha and Minneapolis. For midweek contests, that distance is a huge hinderance for most. Lastly, both Houston and Dallas have MLB, NBA, and NFL franchises so, whereas football fans in Des Moines will make the short drive to Ames for all the games, Baylor fans in Houston (as an example) may split loyalties with Baylor and the Texans or the Rockets, etc.

It's just a very different set of circumstances.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
No offense but that's a misguided statement. Baylor is consistently in the Top 10 in the nation in WBB attendance.

Keep in mind, Baylor has half the enrollment of ISU (15,000 vs 31,000) and half the living alumni (120,000 vs 220,000). Waco is a city of about 125,000 people while ISU is 30 minutes from Des Moines with half a million people. The two largest concentrations of Baylor alumni are in Dallas and Houston, the former 1.5-2 hours away and the latter at 3+ hours away. That would be similar to ISU's biggest alumni bases being in Omaha and Minneapolis. For midweek contests, that distance is a huge hinderance for most. Lastly, both Houston and Dallas have MLB, NBA, and NFL franchises so, whereas football fans in Des Moines will make the short drive to Ames for all the games, Baylor fans in Houston (as an example) may split loyalties with Baylor and the Texans or the Rockets, etc.

It's just a very different set of circumstances.

Blah blah blah blah blah. Baylor, your fan support sucks!

BaylorGuy314

Oct 12, 2008
Blah blah blah blah blah. Baylor, your fan support sucks!

I'm confused, attendance that is Top 10 in WBB attendance sucks?

Where the hell is the criticism of, say, Texas' attendance? It's a university with 50,000 students in a town of a million people that all, supposedly, bleed burnt orange. There isn't a pro team within 3+ hours of the city. And they have one of the winningest athletic programs in the entire country. And yet they may have 5k in attendance tonight for their MBB game vs. WVU.

Baylor MBB had sellouts or near sellouts in 5 of their 9 home conference games last year (not surprisingly, all weekend games). WBB had three sellouts last year and numerous near sellouts. (Again, weekend games for the most part.)

I do tip my hat to ISU fans for the superb attendance and I'm certainly not trying to make the argument that Baylor's attendance is great. I just think very few people udnerstand how being a small school in a small city with your major alumni bases being hours away can affect attendance.

BaldingBear

Oct 7, 2008
Wacoville
Baylor held ISU to:
0 points in the paint
0 2nd chance points
0 fastbreak points

Never seen that before

and the Lady Bears have outstanding support & attendance
anybody who thinks otherwise is simply uneducated on the topic

BaldingBear

Oct 7, 2008
Wacoville
attendance tonight was 8,008 in a 10,000 seat arena
less than last years avg of 8800 so it was a little disappointing
however attendance is always a little lower on weeknights
i guess some famillies with young kids decide to stay home

ISU40

Jan 8, 2012
Ames
attendance tonight was 8,008 in a 10,000 seat arena
less than last years avg of 8800 so it was a little disappointing
however attendance is always a little lower on weeknights
i guess some famillies with young kids decide to stay home
Sorry but from the view from my TV, there wasn't 8,000 people there. With that being said ISU averages 9,000+ and during week games we have about 6,000 there. BUT we should all be proud of the being in the Big 12 and being the leaders in attendance year after year.
Normally I don't comment here(just browse) but I just thought that ISU looked defeated at the tip. Hallie and Pop were so beyond off. The one bright spot was Nikki looking for the score. At the begining of the season, I thought she kept defering and working on her assists but we still need her to be aggressive and go for the score. Looking forward to seeing TCU. They gave OU trouble so don't think the last picked newbie is going to be a rollover.

BaldingBear

Oct 7, 2008
Wacoville
i believe my view from inside the Ferrell Center was slighty better than your view on TV
8000 is an accurate count of last nights crowd