***ISU WNBA Thread***

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I almost never watch the local news but flipped on Twins Cities KARE11 and caught the sports tonight. They had some brief highlights and sports guy voice over was "And this three by former Cyclone Bridget Carleton." Nice to get a school mention rather than "Canadian" Carleton or "Lynx veteran" Carleton.
:cool:

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
Hawks Kate Martin made the Aces roster and will play with Hawkeye Megan Gustafson. She'll also be joining a roster with Iowan Kiah Stokes. So, Hawks now have three WNBA players and Cyclones have two. Was sort of surprised to see Martin make the cut but good for her.
Bridget, Ashley and didn't Stephanie Soares make the Dallas roster?

fcclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 15, 2009
Hawks Kate Martin made the Aces roster and will play with Hawkeye Megan Gustafson. She'll also be joining a roster with Iowan Kiah Stokes. So, Hawks now have three WNBA players and Cyclones have two. Was sort of surprised to see Martin make the cut but good for her.
Since you keep track of such things, when was the last time the Hawks had more WNBA players then the Cyclones?

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Since you keep track of such things, when was the last time the Hawks had more WNBA players then the Cyclones?

Prior to Carleton for the Cyclones and Gustafson for Iowa it was mostly zero players from either team recently. Both Bridget and Megan have carved themselves out a nice niche in the league after a rough first year and are both in their 6th year. Bit of a high water mark the last couple of years for both teams with Joens, Soares and Czinano drafted last year and Clark and Martin drafted this year.

Last edited:

fcclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 15, 2009
Prior to Carleton for the Cyclones and Gustafson for Iowa it was mostly zero players from either team recently. Both Bridget and Carleton have carved themselves out a nice niche in the league after a rough first year and are both in their 6th year. Bit of a high water mark the last couple of years for both teams with Joens, Soares and Czinano drafted last year and Clark and Martin drafted this year.
Do you mean both Megan and Carleton?

i doubt Martin will stick. Where is Czinano? I figured she would play somewhere for a Few years.

Reactions: BoxsterCy

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Soares makes her WNBA debut this evening, only TV is Bally Sports SW. Not sure how much she will play since they only had that one exhibition game and she didn't play much. Who knows though, they were looking at a huge group in that single game prior to cuts.

Bally being bankrupt caused Comcast to drop them and locally I can't catch Twins or Lynx unless I switch providers. Between the half ass regional TV and blackouts, watching regionally is sort of a mess.