***ISU WNBA Thread***

CloneSt8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 1, 2011
Stephanie has four points on 2-2 shooting in 6 minutes of playing time. Also two boards at half time.

Reactions: NWICY

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Maddening to watch Minnesota's "offense."

Guards dribbling into double teams, throwing/kicking it away, and/or just chucking up terrible shots -- all while Carleton stands in the corner. If it weren't for her rebounding ability, I'm not sure she'd get more than 1-2 touches per quarter.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Maddening to watch Minnesota's "offense."

Guards dribbling into double teams, throwing/kicking it away, and/or just chucking up terrible shots -- all while Carleton stands in the corner. If it weren't for her rebounding ability, I'm not sure she'd get more than 1-2 touches per quarter.

I thought it would be better once they got rid of Odyssey Sims who seemed to play like she'd be fined if she passed the ball to Carleton but it really has not. I'd swear there are cliques of players who share only with the besties in their clique.

Last edited:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
She didn’t score a point, but had nine boards and 4 blocks in 32 minutes.

She only shot once. Odd stats for WNBA post. Other than the Brazil national team she has not played much against athletic posts. Will be interesting to see how she develops her game, she did start and played 32 minutes so looks like they have faith in her.

Kalani Brown, ex-Baylor, came off the bench at center for Wings and had 11 pts 9 rb in 19 minutes. Wings also have 6'-7" Teaira McCowan so lots of tall bigs. Since both Soares and McCowan started I am assuming McCowan was guarding Rookie Angel Reese who played forward in this game for opponent Sky and had 11 pts 9 rb in 25 minutes.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: NWICY

mwwbbfan

Jun 1, 2010
Iowa City, IA
She only shot once. Odd stats for WNBA post. Other than the Brazil national team she has not played much against athletic posts. Will be interesting to see how she develops her game, she did start and played 32 minutes so looks like they have faith in her.

Kalani Brown, ex-Baylor, came off the bench at center for Wings and had 11 pts 9 rb in 19 minutes. Wings also have 6'-7" Teaira McCowan so lots of tall bigs. Since both Soares and McCowan started I am assuming McCowan was guarding Rookie Angel Reese who played forward in this game for opponent Sky and had 11 pts 9 rb in 25 minutes.

Steph played mostly the 4 and some 3. Ogunbowale is a MAJOR chucker so took a majority of the shots. Steph was mostly on the perimeter and did not have a lot of opportunities, she was mostly a screener and used for ball reversal. She did get switched on guard (mostly Mabry) and did a very good job of defending against smaller players.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Steph played mostly the 4 and some 3. Ogunbowale is a MAJOR chucker so took a majority of the shots. Steph was mostly on the perimeter and did not have a lot of opportunities, she was mostly a screener and used for ball reversal. She did get switched on guard (mostly Mabry) and did a very good job of defending against smaller players.

Thanks. Since most of us didn't get to watch, did she guard Reese any and was Reese playing F like I assumed?

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron