It all comes down to one game...

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Amazing how a season can come down to the last game with so much to be determined. The women's destiny is in their own hands. What is the worst that can happen? They finish 5th and play one more game. The best? They get to tie OU for 3rd, still play in the 4th spot and have a bye in the first round. The result? Probably will get to play KSU a third time this year.

Personally, I think the ladies will be ready for Saturday. It may be senior day for Mizzou, but I think the pieces of the Twister Sister puzzle are falling into place. Jess has cemented a starting role. Our posts, while not perfect, are performing at their best levels as a combined unit. Bolte is the experienced floor general. Cole and Loz are doing a good job of handling the ball. I'm liking what I've seen in the growth of this team. Bring it on!

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
We do appear to be playing better and more aggressive for some of our individuals.

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
Risk management is part of my job - perhaps that's why I look for things to worry about. We should win this game handily and if we stay focused, I'm sure we will. I would expect more than the six points Realtime has. Depends on whether we play like the second half against KU or the last 8 minutes of the first half. We would expect Missou to be ready - its their senior night and they were embarassed in Ames. They do have a home OT win over Texas. There is a possibility of distraction having it sandwiched between our senior night and the tournament - too early to be thinking about KSU.

Am I reading things right? Indications are the team isn't going back to Ames - so I assume they're staying In Missouri. That's a long layover - I imagine Bill has a practice court arranged.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Am I reading things right? Indications are the team isn't going back to Ames - so I assume they're staying In Missouri. That's a long layover - I imagine Bill has a practice court arranged.

ISU's official shootaround/practice in KC could still be on Monday. Not really that long of a layover.

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
Well things are diffidently in our favor.

First, it is more likely that KU will upset KSU than it is that Missouri will upset us.

If we both win, which we are both favored, ISU is in fourth. If we both lose, ISU is in fourth.

Anything can happen, but I feel fairly confident about keeping our spot.