Izzy leaves program

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
Important to note she's leaving basketball but staying at ISU.

Which sounds like an edit to the report to not ruffle feathers as she seeks her next home. Transfer season begins in a couple weeks.

Feels telling that being away from this particular power 5 program with all the resources a scholarship athlete could ask for is better for her health.

Next up, Emily…

Last edited:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Wish her the best but with the influx of talent in the post thatncame in the minutes weren't going to be there this year. With the minutes Crooks is already getting don't see much more than a few minutes at the end of a blowout game for her.

That's what people said last year and than Soares got hurt and Beatriz Jordão had to stop playing and we had to rely on the forgotten gals, Kane and Zingaro.

And not everything boils down to playing time. That's the hot take on everyone that leaves the team.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
That's what people said last year and than Soares got hurt and Beatriz Jordão had to stop playing and we had to rely on the forgotten gals, Kane and Zingaro.

And not everything boils down to playing time. That's the hot take on everyone that leaves the team.
Yep, I say good for her. This decision couldn’t have been an easy one to make, for more than one reason.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
To be honest watching Crooks I kept thinking why isn't Izzy playing.

She did at times have a decent role last year so maybe that would account for something but then if you're her and see freshmen come in go to the front of the line it would be disheartening for anyone.

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
Another sad day as a young scholar athlete leaves our program before exhausting her eligibility, which we’ve seen too frequently over the past several years. There’s no good reason to leave now, one game into the season, and it’s certainly not beneficial to the team. I’m sorry Izzi - thanks for your contributions and I wish you well moving forward.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Another sad day as a young scholar athlete leaves our program before exhausting her eligibility, which we’ve seen too frequently over the past several years. There’s no good reason to leave now, one game into the season, and it’s certainly not beneficial to the team. I’m sorry Izzi - thanks for your contributions and I wish you well moving forward.
Sounds like she feels she has some good reasons. We just have to respect that. I’m sad to see her go.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron